Sign in to follow this  
xdwagooon

au diff into xf

ok so quick question, I have an au xr8 solid axle diff and need something beefier for my ltd so was hoping to fit that as its lsd etc etc wondering other than the obvious handbrake, brake line, bushings, tailshaft yoke etc will it fit? being different offset is it longer etc? im out at ste and cant measure it so thought id ask those in the know ;)

Yes it is longer and you might just squeeze it under there if you have 6" rims but generally are going to have to run Post AU or +38 offset rims.

A mate fitted an AU diff under his XH with EL GT rims that are 17x8s but the offsett favoured it... just!!!

its definitely coil sprung solid, pretty sure series 1 still came out solid didn't they? either way its lsd etc the guy still had the motor and everything there but it was just a wreck he bought and scrapped

Ive seen a few series 1 AU XR6s and XR8s with live axles.  Series II was IRS from base model, it would have to have LSD if its a tickford car, wouldnt make sense not to.

Either way it will fit no probs, its just the wheel offset thats changed, the rest is pretty much the same as EF/EL  just the wattslink pivot changed and they have a couple extra holes in the top control arm brackets. 

I've never seen an au xr6 without lsd, it was an option on ba. Lsd was stock on au xr's.all the hp xr6 sedans were live axle, all the xr8 and vct xr6 sedans were irs no matter what series.<br />

Different front spindles as they ran the same rotors and calipers as EF/EL, and ive been told because of this you cant upgrade the spindles without upgrading the K frame aswell because the bottom arms dont interchange... so ive been told, never tried it myself.

Apparently it in the front lower bush and the ball joint pin is on a different angle so the new spindles dont fit the arms and thr arms cant be swapped without the k frame aswell.

And sorry poor choice of words before.. au series I rotors are same diametre as ef/el and cant be upgraded for larger discs because of the spindle design.