Sign in to follow this  
xr6tjet

xe ghia limited edition pin stripe

Hey Guys,

Have been trying to find matching coloured pinstripe for my limited edition xe ghia with no luck. I have tried autobarn and other auto shops but I still can't seem to find the right colour. I have provided pictures below comparing "saas" brand gold to my pinstripe. Any help would be appreciated.

20131112_195707_zpsae875f38.jpg

LTD2copy.jpg

Cheers, Alex.

Ask a paint shop, they should put you on the right track. I got mine in geelong for my fairmont ghia., the place had every make and era.It is also identical to the factory one that i replaced it with, which is the same stripe your trying to replace. I am working at the moment and can't remember the name of the place off the top of my head, but when i finish i will look it up for you. Just incase you can't find anywhere around your area.

Ask a paint shop, they should put you on the right track. I got mine in geelong for my fairmont ghia., the place had every make and era.It is also identical to the factory one that i replaced it with, which is the same stripe your trying to replace. I am working at the moment and can't remember the name of the place off the top of my head, but when i finish i will look it up for you. Just incase you can't find anywhere around your area.

I have tried but everybody thinks I'm crazy thinking there are different shades of gold lol. If you could please tell me the place that would be awesome!

Geelong auto image - lambert st newtown. Been a couple years since i was there last but should be able to help. 

Thanks mate I will have a look.

Any signwriter should be able to custom cut the stripes from automotive vinyl. Take into account the factory pin stripes will be faded from 20+ years.

The car has been garaged all its life with 100k on the clock it isn't faded plus the stripe on the inside of the door is the same colour!

No worries mate i will. Went thru the same thing trying to find the same stripe.

Hey mate do i need to ask anything specific for them to know what my ghia has or do i just take the car in?

I took a sample of what i was looking for at the time and he matched it up. The size is standard i think and he colour matched it. Had rolls in little boxes on shelves out back.

No guarantees but worth a try as I said it was a couple years ago now and pin striping not really hot fashion on modern cars these days, but his still there in the same workshop. I am surprised you haven't found someone in Melbourne. If not what Crazy2287 would be the best bet and take a sample in.  

I have one coming from the uk its almost identical colour (i hope). Awesome ill take a sample with me and go from there. Thanks for your help guys.

I took a sample of what i was looking for at the time and he matched it up. The size is standard i think and he colour matched it. Had rolls in little boxes on shelves out back.

No guarantees but worth a try as I said it was a couple years ago now and pin striping not really hot fashion on modern cars these days, but his still there in the same workshop. I am surprised you haven't found someone in Melbourne. If not what Crazy2287 would be the best bet and take a sample in.  

Banno mate amazing lead you gave me. Went on saturday and he had exactly the pinstripe on my car, bought his entire roll of the stuff just in case I need to do the car again in the future. Anybody else wanting pinstripe go and see Geelong Auto Image!!