Sign in to follow this  
NZXD

XG Diff wheel studs

Hey guys, just after some advice on upgrading the rear wheel studs in my XD which runs an XG diff, I need longer studs as I have used 7mm slip on spacers to bring the wheels out slightly towards the guard.

I have searched and found various lengths, but I'm not sure what the knurl size is or is there a factory ford stud that is longer and will fit?

Cheers.

What wheels do you use will dictate what studs you use.I got a set of ARP 3" jobbies for mine only about $55 from memory but a set of E series studs may suit your needs if you run a sleeved style nut that goe's deep into the wheel.

ARP 3" jobbies and use a open ended wheel nut bruz...

20130825_174619_zpsaabdf9f9.jpg

I'd have to double check but these look right...I think

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ARP-100-7703-ARP-Wheel-Studs-Ford-High-Tensile-ARP-Wheel-Studs-/221120943163?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item337bd5d43b

Need a deep spark plug socket or impact socket atleast or I recommend a Metrinch socket which holds the sides of the lug nuts not the edges and keeps em in good shape.

Double check your shank and knurl sizes as ford changed them around a lot, EF studs are the longest from the factory but we are talking only about 5-6mm longer than the Xg ones you would have now and most of that length is in the un threaded nose of the stud so u dont gain any extra thread.  Find your shank size and order to that.

Seems they didn't change too much between XW and XG/ED as I removed studs from all and they all measure the same as the above units.After been sent home the factory and ARP piece came out @ .621 which would be due to been bedded.

Mine are the same in my 31 spline Strange axles so I'd suggest either of these would be fine...above or below

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ARP-100-7703-ARP-Wheel-Studs-Ford-High-Tensile-ARP-Wheel-Studs-/221120943163?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item337bd5d43b

BTW yes I do have spare xw/xy axles and ED and XG (which are the same anyway)...Sorry XY axles are gone now I just got a TXT for em.The rest are still here though...