LJDB

comp ratio to suit camshaft

what would be the best/highest comp ratio to run on this sized camshaft.

not sure on the manufacturer but i had it read by crow.

inlet lift .502 exhaust lift .524 

inlet duration at .050" 226, exhaust duration at .050" 234

lobe sep 110

advertised timing inlet open 25 close 65 exh open 69 close 29.

any info would be good if anyone has used this size cam before.

The car is a Te cortina on club rego so doesnt get driven much. The reason i started this thread awhile ago was because i was having trouble with pinging and was planing on decomping the engine. Comp was around 11.1 before i put a head saver shim in to lower it to around 10.5. I asked about the 650 because im not to confident with the shim and a cam change might be a better way to drop the cylinder pressures.

Could try a:

Camtech CT142510(a)

http://www.camtechcams.com.au/ford_6cyl_xflow_hyd.html

With good fuel and correct timing should be ok with 11:1. Is it manual or auto? If auto you will need a 2,500+ stall. Really want 3.23+ diff gears as well.

Is there anything special about the head? You could just swap it or have the chamber relieved a bit?

Quintin runs the 517 in his mild EFI xflow powered XF to run 14.7 @ 92 MPH in a street based car on street tyres,no MT's and a 5 speed he drove 12 odd hrs to race with then 12 hr's home again.Beat alot of cars that weekend in it he did...

manual with 3.7s, the head has had bit of porting thats why i dont want to change it. i asked a local head shop about relieving the chambers and they said it wouldnt drop it much. its a early d head with a heap taken off.

I ran a custom camtech 520a-110 545in-ex cant think of rest of specs loved it had great power up top between 1800-5800

YT roller rockers ran fine with 10:1 on 95+

slightly worked ports only done self made good difference 153rwkw on good tune, running 465 holley..

Would a solid cam bleed more comp off than the hydraulic cam? If the car is only a weekend car and you are going to have to get new lifters and upgrade to roller rockers if you up the lift on a hydraulic anyway.

I already have non adjustable YT rollers. What is camtechs pricing like. I have easy access to crow as I work near by, last time I was there I think it was about $500 for a cam, lifter and timing chain set. 

Is the OP more likely to find a cam that bleeds off more comp in the solid range? Probably should have asked it that way first.

LJBD do you have a limitation on how lumpy you want the idle? Would you go a solid cam?