Sign in to follow this  
dizzy616

351 pushrods

so im pretty sure ive read it somewhere. but can you actually put 351 clevo pushrods in a 250 cross flow? are they actually any stronger if so?

Not sure bout the push rods but i have seen the roller rockers used. I guess if the length is the same and diameter then there wouldnt really be any issues.

so im pretty sure ive read it somewhere. but can you actually put 351 clevo pushrods in a 250 cross flow? are they actually any stronger if so?

Ask Slydog, he's up on Crossys quite a bit. I seem to remember 429/460 pushrods are the go.

BBC are the go...clevo are about 1" too short at 8.4 from memory,same size @5/16th though.I have 3/8th Trend 9.550 units in mine ATM.

P.S Seeing as clevo's bend shorter rods ALOT more than x-flows bend longer ones i'd suggest staying away from em even if they were the correct length.

Yeah that's right. I knew it was big block something. I've read that 460s are around 8-1/2".

But I've also read that BBCs use 2 lengths, one for inlet, one for exhaust. The longer exhaust one is what you'd use.

i notice some of the pushrods in my engine a different. some stock some i dont know? and would like to replace them all with stronger ones for the cam. still got stock rockers though i take it the springs should be set for the cam. got new lifters in it. i can just hear that little bit of a chatter. anyone got any recommendations on what i should get?

it can hit 5k maybe a bit more. but id just be happy with ones that can handle 5k. seeing as i dont rev shit  that hard
its got a stage 2 cam what spec i dont know

so 3/8th 9.550 is the size im looking for? is there any engines i can rip these out of with stronger pushrods

See if you can find an XC 250. they had a tapered pushrod of the correct length. They are much stronger than XF units. I have also seen these pushrods in an XE?? I'll grab one tomorrow and try and post a picture. I stress that this is a budget option but they do work. You can get a standard XF pushrod and bend them by hand, something you can't do with the tapered ones.

bent pushrods usually occur in engines with poor valve springs or incorrect poundage springs. I have a set of standard xf pushrods in my flat tappet burnout motor which I ping to 6200 and they don't bend because the springs are right, Roller rockers also help to.

got a picture of these pushrods yet? i cant afford roller rockers yet or better springs

hey i was looking up the xc 250 pushrods apparently they are 9.652 x 5/16 would that even fit?

WTF would you pay for a second hand set of pushrods? 351c pushrods have the same thin construction as a 250, why make it stronger when your running the same type of cam and spring rates?

Get some chevy pushrods that are .080" shorter like myself and be done with it man.

i took my rocket cover off pulled a pushrod out measured it at 9.550. im talking to a dude with brand new hardened ones they put them in his decked block and found out their too long so never been run before. sorry dude as i stated its a stage 2 cam and i dont know what the spring rates are but i noticed half the rods are hardened and the other half look stock. so i want a full set of hardened ones in there

If the others are stock the rockers must be shimmed pretty heavily, if not your lifter preload is up to shit. My rods are at 9.580 or somthing like that, just order a chev 5/16 pushrod from a speed shop.