Sign in to follow this  
GspecZL

My AU is having a problem.

My AU falcon keeps losing power on LPG. I run Dual fuel and there is no issue on Petrol. It happens intermittently but it feel's like its been starved. It has a full tank. I cant find any vaccumm leaks. At first i could rev it up and it would be fine but its getting worse.

Also recently serviced including Plugs, leads ,new coil pack, oil, filters and a gas tune up. Its a bog stock 6 with a shit gas system ezygas put in (ezygas=evil)

any ideas? I havent looked at the converter yet.

thanks chris. But in vic Gas is 55c a litre (was today anyway) and petrol is $1.54. Makes for a cheap daily.

If i was in tassie i wouldnt have gas. Its crazy spensive down there. Infact the only gas car i saw was that weird FD with massive rear tyres.

Much cheaper up there then. Down here petrol is $1.45 or 1.41 with those fuel vouchers - not that they help much. Saved less than $3 on $100 fuel.

We probably have a few more gas cars than one :P

Although one less since my wagon motor was rebuild.

With gas it's near impossible to determine if you're rich or lean, as they both show similar symptoms. Have you checked your coolant level? If you have an air pocket in your converter, it will supply the mixer with liquid not gas, as the converter needs to be hot to do its job of converting. Your mixer is of course made to mix gas with air so running liquid into it will flood the engine. I had this happen on my Cortina when I had a radiator leak.

thanks chris. But in vic Gas is 55c a litre (was today anyway) and petrol is $1.54. Makes for a cheap daily.

If i was in tassie i wouldnt have gas. Its crazy spensive down there. Infact the only gas car i saw was that weird FD with massive rear tyres.

That's incorrect, I run the Pano on LPG :P

And when you use it all the time (like I do) its cheaper in the long run! $50 per 300kms on gas, $80 per 300kms on petrol

And when you use it all the time (like I do) its cheaper in the long run! $50 per 300kms on gas, $80 per 300kms on petrol

That's interesting figures. I pay $100 for a full tank in the wagon which will get me 600km or so. That is the equivalent of what you pay in gas to do 600km.

Out of curiosity, what was the wagon like when it was on gas?

Thanks for the replies fellas. My coolant is good flushed it and filled it last week(after this problem started) i am unsure what the system is il go have a look. I had it tuned properly recently and for a month it was fine.

I think it might be wax build up.

Nova i didnt realise (or forgot) your panno was on Gas. Imagine how good it would be at Vic prices. Or at the price Australia sells it to china at!!!

How big is the Panno's tank? I wouldnt get more than 400km out my 68l tank.

The ZL is more like 350km from 52 litres. It has never taken more than 52L.

i was thinking that sounds crap.. till i remembered my tassie bill was about that.. 400km for $60 (can do 400km for $40 here) on gas..

your petrol billl is redonkulous. 17 litres per 100km on petrol is poor, could get closer to 10 litres i think in one of them.

Mines a 90 litre (72 usable.) I usually fill it when its just flicked over to the read light and its between $55 and $60. If I run the tank dry, depending on what type of driving I do I can get from 450 to 550 kms out of a tank. Although then its closer to the $65 to $70 mark to fill up again.

i would love a bigger tank. When i do the DOHC conversion il go straight gas and have a second tank where the petrol tank goes.

The AU still remains the same. I assume either the converter is freezing or its wax build up.

Could there be wax build up in under 20,000kms though?

i would love a bigger tank. When i do the DOHC conversion il go straight gas and have a second tank where the petrol tank goes.

The AU still remains the same. I assume either the converter is freezing or its wax build up.

Could there be wax build up in under 20,000kms though?

mine played up with Tassie gas.. whether it was just coincidence i dont know