I have the chance/option to buy an E-SERIES gearbox, A T5, I want to put in my XF, do I just change BELL HOUSINGS and fit, nothing else to do..it all lines up?

april 2024 056.JPG

52 minutes ago, SPACK said:

I have the chance/option to buy an E-SERIES gearbox, A T5, I want to put in my XF, do I just change BELL HOUSINGS and fit, nothing else to do..it all lines up?

what's in it now?

single rail 4 speed?  if so, is it unleaded or leaded (clutch cable on driver side is leaded)

if it's unleaded single rail, the clutch cable is same as the XF T5 otherwise you'll need one. 

cross member or modify the original if you can't find one (actually aftermarket are making them)  pic below of mine i modified..

gear stick and knob are different to the single rail also (sounds obvious, but i had to find one back in the day due to buying a gearbox only)

T5 crossflow bell housing is available aftermarket also in Alloy, but only as a leaded clutch from memory or hydraulic which makes it tight for exhaust on the cable side  with a CAT (I used a CRS one) or you can drill the single rail to suit (there's a thread here, but on your car you'd appreciate the correct parts used, so an XF T5 bell housing for a crossflow obviously)

zYSAc8P.jpg

The XF is a manual, T5, I was hoping to just put my XF BELL HOUSING on to the E SERIES GEAR BOX and put it into the car..use my gear stick on it..its UNLEADED, SO THE CABLE RUNS TO THE PASSENGER SIDE..

40 minutes ago, Thom said:

You'll need a xflow t5 bellhousing, 4.0l are different to xflow

I have it all, I just want to hook the E SERIES BOX up to MY bell housing, and just bolt it back up...Its unleaded, an 87 model..Just wanted to know if it would just bolt up with out any other modification/s....

If you xf already has a t5 it's almost a straight swap, the trans mount is different on e series, ,e series has a single bolt trans mount, all you have to do is drill you crossmember for the e series mount and swap your speedo transducer, the rest its the same

yep, as Thom said. 

The XF T5 cross member may even have the center hole already in it, i have seen them many times drilled for both. 

like this one (image from @fotz thread recently, on the left not circled)

xf gearbox mount.jpg