Server maintenance Read more... ×
PapouGhia

FORD XF EFI 250 crossflow - Low oil pressure

Hi all, 
recently been in the build of my xf 
recently pulled down the engine gave it a freshen up 
just basic rebuild, didn’t touch bottom end ect, 
crow cam stage 1,lifters,rockers,gaskets,water pump ect ect 
putting the motor back in only driven it about 50-100km I have noticed when car is on for about 15 -20 minutes oil pressure on dash flashes and when reves up goes up. Ect, when cold oil pressure is above half, I’ve tried different oils,moto craft filter ect, anyone have any insights, no knocking ect cheers 
How low is your idle? Try around 800-850. Might just not be spinning up enough, or air trapped.
Did you prime the pump up before start up?
That's where I would start, you got pressure it's just wandering

Sent from my motorola edge 20 pro using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, PapouGhia said:

I have noticed when car is on for about 15 -20 minutes oil pressure on dash flashes and when reves up goes up.

is that an XF GHIA CLUSTER? 

if so, it may be the common issue those clusters can have.

before panicking about the pressure, fit an external oil gauge to be sure.. if that confirms the cluster is dodgy,  you can dismantle the cluster and the 3 stacked circuit boards that are stacked on long pins(the pins go though the boards) you only need to move those boards less than 1mm and it will clean/scrape the tarnish off the connections.

i never trust those clusters or the S pack ones, i've had 20 or so over 20yrs and i think only 3 of them didn't have issues relating to temp, battery, fuel or oil pressure flashing issues without actually having an issue.

Yeah like Dean said, verify with a separate gauge (a simple compressor gauge that goes to 200psi will work) that bullshit in doesn't equal bullshit out before stripping the engine, could be a dud sender as well. If you had it apart and the bearings (main, rod and cam) all looked ok, then oil pressure should be well within specs.

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk

Didn’t touch oil pump left it on just cleaned it up with sump off! Haven’t had access to a pressure gauge as of yet, will be this weekend! Any other things to look out for, I swear oil pressure was fine before pulling out and freshed up,