Sign in to follow this  
dizzy616

my welder mates being a pain in the ass

allright ive said this a few times i suck at welding. i might need someone to come out help me fix this

IMG_4221_zps00365161.jpg

how much do you guys reckon it would be? for one of you to come out and help me do this. i want this car on the road asap.
my welder mates giving me the shits. if he dont get around to it soon. ill be needing help from someone.

all i need is someone to weld a peice of metal in there. i dont really care how shit it looks. ill just hit it with a grinder afterwards and smooth it out with some filler.

piss easy did a small one on mind the other day bout half the size wouldn't take long for someone to fix this with good welding experience

that is why i wanted my mate to do it. his got some good experience. but its just been excuses excuses

im in vic btw. name a nice price. even throw ya a few beers. im just over it i need my gas. wouldn't mind getting it registered in the next fortnight. im sick of being stuck at home because i cant afford petrol.

ask your local exhaust joint.. after you cut a neat hole and a patch

when i had my gemini with a rusted spare wheel well, i made the patch out of a drum lid and hammered it to shape and made a neat fit. they welded it for $50.. wasnt show car but was plenty good enough.

yeh thats an idea. i just was thinking maybe some welders want to go back a certain distance. so i just left it there for a second opinion then cut it back.

but yeh i dont have a welder. and last couple times i tried to weld i welded like crap and like to put things on fire. sort of something i feel like i given up on. now especially because i dont have the same co-ordination as i use to.

would the sections be the same there from a sedan to a ute?

hmm ill call up my exhaust joint anyway see if he remembers the hole see what he thinks tomorrow

so far my mate has costed me 100 bucks because i been buying crownie slabs for when he said he would come around.

now i feel like a alcoholic for all the crownies i been drinking