GTrats

Radiator for a 302 Windsor in Xe?

Hi guys, 
I am in the process of installing a 302 Windsor motor (out of a Xw) in my Xe falcon and am unsure of what radiator and radiator hoses i will need for this setup. I have been looking at aftermarket radiators but don't want to fork out cash to find out that it doesn't suite the 302 Windsor. Looking at a PWR radiator at the moment. Any help would be appreciated. 

My Clevo uses the 6-cyl radiator but I think mine was the big one to start with (a/c and towbar). Never had issues getting hot even on a stinker of a day.

Windsor should use similar hoses to a clevo except for the top hose maybe needing an elbow to get around to the vertical outlet on the thermostat housing. Maybe an earlier model Windsor Falcon hose might work?

If I ever needed a particular shape hose, I'd go to Super Cheap and sift through the shelves of different hoses till I found the best match. Example: I once needed a section of heater hose for my Corty and the closest match was one from a Camira.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Yep, same. Running a 6cyl XF style rad on my Clevo. (shroud and fan spacer) never had an issue. As Gerg said, the Windsor has a different thermo housing, pointing straight up athe sky, I think, so could just get a hose for an Xdub, cut it in the middle and insert a piece of stainless tube, or some such. 

the windsor water pump can be had in two outlet positions.. (on BGDAVs he got the wrong water pump)

if its running the serpentine belt you might be stuck with one choice, but i think the normal setup you can get the lower hose on either side.

no idea on the top hose, but would assume as above, you could get various thermostat necks to get around the angle?

I have a 302w in my XD, I have a standard 6 cyl radiator out of a XF Ghia, which was 100mm wider than my XD original. For the time I have had it running there was no issue.

I have a standard rotation water pump with the bottom outlet on the passenger side, for this I used a standard Cleveland bottom radiator hose from super cheap.

For the top hose, I also used a standard top Cleveland hose as I was using an angled thermostat housing and the hose just sort of bends a tad, but no issues.

e18e39b7facdc0bf876cf592bdb262fc.jpg

Sorry for the crap photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Champions!! Thanks heaps for all that info. I'll be using the standard 6 radiator with clevo hoses and I'll  play around with the angle of the thermostat housing. If not i can always go to supercheap and try match up a hose.