CHESTNUTXE

HELP WITH T5 ID ?

I bought the t5 out of an xg with the 4.0L bell,but what is this other t5 i took the bell off it hoping it fits a crossy ? can anyone identify it,the t5 box it came off had a slightly different input nose on it and the speedo drive was different ,on the bell it says t5 ford or m20 help please.WP_20170103_10_28_22_Pro_zpsnbhppfxy.jpg

i bought the xg box ,shifter and boot,ect,all from ute,pedals,tailshaft and a few other things,not sure what to put it behind but more than likely the cleveland or crossy turbo down the track,i have the banana crossmember,so all should fit in a xe .WP_20170103_16_57_02_Pro_zpsugkqwppx.jpg

yep thats right but i cant find one,the wrecker wanted $550 for one i thought that was a bit crazy,dellow or the rod shop can do a new one for about $650 even crazier,i will keep looking for a 2nd hand one if anyone will sell one.

yep thats right but i cant find one,the wrecker wanted $550 for one i thought that was a bit crazy,dellow or the rod shop can do a new one for about $650 even crazier,i will keep looking for a 2nd hand one if anyone will sell one.

I've got one, but your a long way from me...

i have 2 crossy borgys here maybe i should redril one ? can you still keep them as a single rail if you re-drill the 1 hole ? is there a thread on the crossy t5 bell mod,i no gerg had a v8 one.i have quite a few boxes here at the moment i could drill.WP_20170104_10_15_46_Pro_zpsijeptswa.jpg

I haven't seen a thread, I just pulled it out of an XD I bought years ago. Had a T5 but the bell housing has the old 76DA part number. Haven't looked at it for a while but i think they were drilled and tapped.

ok thanks ,but i wonder will a crossy be any different to that v8 thread,i might take the bell off tomorrow and take a look,can anyone tell me were the factory t5 crossy bells alloy or iron ?,cheer;s.

ok thanks ,but i wonder will a crossy be any different to that v8 thread,i might take the bell off tomorrow and take a look,can anyone tell me were the factory t5 crossy bells alloy or iron ?,cheer;s.

crossy is same process, i had one also converted in the same way.

T5 factory bell housing was iron.

ok good info ,i also have a borgy 200 c.i box here that has a alloy bell,i wonder is that worth a shot ? for weight savings.

it would save a lot of weight if you threw it in the bin.. i woulnd't use one of those if i was given it for free

it takes a different tailshaft and clutch for starters from what i hear..