CHESTNUTXE

RECO2 CLEVO

yeah if you look at a block with pistons in it you think man that thing is warped,today coming home from the shop a tool fell of the back of a ute so i grabbed it and i am making a top deck zero finder tool to measure roughly how much down the hole my builds are,im sure there is pro tools out there but hey i have to make use of what is here,gerg down the hole will be a thing of the past ,block in the picture is a dummy block.WP_20161122_12_12_11_Pro_zpsmlxbmalj.jpg

Question,what would be the better option,to buy 2 MLS 060 gaskets to keep the comp around 10.1 or releave the chambers on the 302 heads ? cost is around the same so what option would be the best.

Relieving the chambers would let you remove a bit around the inlet valve to de-shroud, but you'll have to cc the heads after that. Going thicker in gasket would require re-calculating pushrod length and checking valve geometry once it's all together, but most importantly, defeats the purpose of zero-decking because your quench area is being opened up back to where it was when the piston was down the hole (assuming you're zero decking it of course).

no all my blocks are factory down the hole,so achiveing 10.69 with std 040 gasket and 58cc 302 heads and approx 0.037 down the hole,but if i use a 066 MLS gasket it comes to 10.1

Every time i go to old mates workshop he seems to have something stashed in a cabnet or under a heap of parts,i went there thismorning to check on the block and should be finished by friday,he says i have a bargin for you,and pulls out this box with dust all over it and its a set of 1.73 roller rockers suit clevo or ford BB,with the 7/16 stud size,im not sure what brand they are possibly pro-comp but are definatly not the crappyest ones available,i got them for a steal so old mate will mill the heads to suit,should be fine on a mild set up ,i might put them on my pillow block engine and up the cam a bit to a roller or solid.WP_20161129_10_05_38_Pro_zpsk2up9r9n.jpg

while down at old mates the block is ready later today or tomorrow,i also picked up a set of clevo factory covers that he cleaned,i will paint them soon for the engine because i sold the orange ones for the 302 build,these will be xd-xe silver or xa-c blue which ever i decide.WP_20161201_09_16_27_Pro_zpsalwwqawg.jpg