Sign in to follow this  
scottly

Gearbox not selecting any gears only park???

Hey guys, I have recently purchased a Xe s pac 250 crossflow for a parts car. it wasn't a running car but now it is, when I tried to select any gear there was nothing accept park, I have never came across this problem with a auto before but I am also new to autos.

From what I can see the top two bolts on the bell housing look like they are loose so the gearbox looks like it's been out before or posibly replaced Could there be simple solution to getting the box to select a gear or is this a take the gearbox out job? Possibly a converter problem? Thanks Scott

I had this problem with a Vectra once, in my case the mechanism between the gear stick and the transmission became disconnected. Do you feel anything when park engages or does the gear stick move freely like as if there is nothing attached?

are the bolts from the flywheel to torque converter fitted....
had the torque converter been rotated into the pump drive of the auto..

one of My X series autos used to need about 10 seconds to pump fluid before it would move, obviously something not right inside(this auto died within a few months of My driving style...)(i havent killed as many autos as i have manuals...)

Thanks for all the replys fellas I will check all of the above over the next few days and see if it's any of those, the car is in a bitch of a position in my driveway I don't really feel like getting muddy and wet.