Sign in to follow this  
xhadyboy

birdshit paint

Back in the day we used to use a paint called birdshit to freshen up ute tubs.

I have a project that need lots of welding in the tub and want cover up a million sins.

Its just a work hack but need to present it for a roadworthy.

Is this stuff still around or is there something else that's taken its place ?

I made up my own brew when I was younger and less inhibited by common sense. If it's a work hack it's just fine. I used some grey primer mixed with body deadener as a base, and to that added some water-based acrylic house paint. The idea is that the two dissimilar paint bases won't mix, so they go on with a splatter effect. It worked quite well actually but won't be anywhere as durable as the legit stuff.

Just don't use a nice spray gun, in fact the cheapest, roughest gun out there will give the best results. Ozito makes a domestic one for 39 bucks and it's awesome (painted a ceiling in a Cafe recently with one).

When spraying, you have to keep shaking the pot regularly to keep the two paints from separating.

I made up my own brew when I was younger and less inhibited by common sense. If it's a work hack it's just fine. I used some grey primer mixed with body deadener as a base, and to that added some water-based acrylic house paint. The idea is that the two dissimilar paint bases won't mix, so they go on with a splatter effect. It worked quite well actually but won't be anywhere as durable as the legit stuff.

Just don't use a nice spray gun, in fact the cheapest, roughest gun out there will give the best results. Ozito makes a domestic one for 39 bucks and it's awesome (painted a ceiling in a Cafe recently with one).

When spraying, you have to keep shaking the pot regularly to keep the two paints from separating.

Bwah ha ha ha hahaaaaaaa   :lol:   Love it.