Sign in to follow this  
xd-mako

Oil pressure gauge

Hi, Im nearly finished wiring up my XD 351 and want to get all my standed dash gauges working again. The only problem I have is that the Oil pressure gauge. I had a mechanical oil pressure gauge and want to change it to the standed electric gauge.Now what type of sender do I require. I have been told by diffrent people that a switch sender is for the gauge.But im sure that the gauge sender is much larger than a switch sender??

Can someone help me!!

Thanks
Mark

You can get shiny oil pressure senders?? Haha.

Are Clevo ones the same as xflow or are they different?

To avoid future confusion Mark, you have a pressure switch for an oil light, or if its got an oil gauge, then you'd need a pressure sender. At least i think that's the right terminology.

My S-Pak wagon had a 6 in it had the oil gauge in the instruments. I just transferred the sender across to the 302, so the old sender is still talking to the old gauge. I'm pretty sure that Ford would use the same ones for V8s anyway.

Dunno why someone would think that a switch would give a variable, analog signal for a gauge to work. That's what a sender does. A switch is either on or off, and an oil pressure switch just turns off the red light on your dash as soon as it sees a couple of psi.