Sign in to follow this  
Free.51

Electric passenger window not working

Hi all as title says front pass window not working, noticed it on Friday so decided to investigate today the loom has power & I disconnected the elec motor plug put power to it from a battery & wires & window goes up & down fine I even used multiple sets of window switches thinking it might be a faulty switch but still no go i did the same on the drivers window switches too but nothing any ideas? dirty connection maybe?

Or do u mean test it with the switch plugged into the loom still? (I haven't tried that).

Would the fault be at the drivers side switch for the pass.window or passenger side cos neither are working .

Pretty sure that the drivers side switch needs to be hooked up for any of the other windows to work so if its a switch it probably could be either. I had to pull mine apart and clean them once.

Do they work off a relay? There are 2 in the passenger door of my car but didn't look at what they did.

hope this answer makes sense or at least gives you some ideas. for some reason I seem to have decided to lie awake all night tonight so I'm running a touch slow