XHXR6

XF Ute Fuel Cap/filler seal

G'day everyone,

I think I remember seeing something here about getting a new gasket/seal for the cap but I've tried searching for it and I can't find it. Anyone know where I can just get the seal ? instead of a whole new cap.   

Cheers

Check that your tank breather solenoid is working, and that the one way valve is installed the correct way round.

Many of this era falcon, came from the factory with the valve back to front - causing pressurisation of the tank.

I proved the theory (and solved the issue) with my EL wagon.

There was actually a factory recall/TSB, for the 5ltr EB/ED falcons, to fix that very problem.

XH's have a vented cap from factory.

Sorry for the late reply guys, I've been having internet troubles the past few days.

Most bearing shops stock o rings.Thats where mine came from.

Sweet!, I might take a look and stock up  :)

I have a  new slightly damaged after market cap here in front of me (had it for years, its has a slight bend in it)

all yours for free, PM me your address  :)

Damn but thanks for the offer mate! I ended up just getting a brand new one for it anyway but if I ever need another one I'll be sure to let you know!,

Check that your tank breather solenoid is working, and that the one way valve is installed the correct way round.

Many of this era falcon, came from the factory with the valve back to front - causing pressurisation of the tank.

I proved the theory (and solved the issue) with my EL wagon.

There was actually a factory recall/TSB, for the 5ltr EB/ED falcons, to fix that very problem.

XH's have a vented cap from factory.

Thanks Dave, I'll check that out.