wagoon

Install height of King spring

when you use shorter dampers they limit droop by an inch or more and this will keep the lowered spring captive, this another reason why cutting springs=bad as you can actually have the spring fall out

keep in mind that the V8 springs are based on iron heads and iron intake manifold, if you have alloy heads and alloy intake manifold then use the 6cyl springs on V8 powered x series 

When I had a Cleveland in my XD the top of the front tyre sat with the guard as in MNTLXD, as the springs are the 59 kings. When I dropped the alloy headed Windsor in, the front sits a good inch up higher.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nope, a Clevo with alloy heads, alloy intake and alloy water pump/timing chain cover is same weight as a xflow and much lighter than the whizzer which never really came out with Alloy heads in OZ if i'm not mistaken even the GT40 heads were iron, maybe the GT's got the alloy ones

Ford 250 Alloy headed xflow  451 pounds

Ford BOSS 302 500 pounds

Ford 351 Cleveland 550 pounds (includes BOSS and Australian 302-C)
Ford 351 Windsor 510 pounds

Ford 5.0 V8 411 pounds 89 Mustang 5.0 GT (dry) inc: manifold,carb(?), headers and alternator. Notinc: starter, smog pump, power steering pump, AC compressor, flywheel

these are stock engines 

see: http://www.bacomatic.org/~dw/library/txt/engfyi.htm

I don't think those weights on that site are accurate at all. Some vary by more than 100 pounds for the same engine type. And a 2.3 pinto weighing almost as much as a Windsor? Gimmie a break.

My memory tells me 250 kg for iron clevo, 210 for iron windsor, 190 for alloy crossflow.

The weights can vary greatly with single or dual exhausts, air con or not, auto or manual, power steer or manual. All this shit adds up.

nope, a Clevo with alloy heads, alloy intake and alloy water pump/timing chain cover is same weight as a xflow and much lighter than the whizzer which never really came out with Alloy heads in OZ if i'm not mistaken even the GT40 heads were iron, maybe the GT's got the alloy ones

Ford 250 Alloy headed xflow  451 pounds

Ford BOSS 302 500 pounds

Ford 351 Cleveland 550 pounds (includes BOSS and Australian 302-C)

Ford 351 Windsor 510 pounds

Ford 5.0 V8 411 pounds 89 Mustang 5.0 GT (dry) inc: manifold,carb(?), headers and alternator. Notinc: starter, smog pump, power steering pump, AC compressor, flywheel

these are stock engines 

see: http://www.bacomatic.org/~dw/library/txt/engfyi.htm

I believe the first of the T Series Tickford AU 200kw 5.0 had FMS alloy gt40 heads.

The Windsor I dropped into my XD is from an AU, however has edlebrock alloy heads, carb intake, timing cover, water pump etc etc, and due to the weight saving over a iron headed clever lifted the front end by an inch.

On a Windsor you save a good 20kg (44 lbs) on swapping to alloy heads alone, so she is a real light engine.

I believe the first of the T Series Tickford AU 200kw 5.0 had FMS alloy gt40 heads.

The Windsor I dropped into my XD is from an AU, however has edlebrock alloy heads, carb intake, timing cover, water pump etc etc, and due to the weight saving over a iron headed clever lifted the front end by an inch.

On a Windsor you save a good 20kg (44 lbs) on swapping to alloy heads alone, so she is a real light engine.

yep you are correct AU's came out with the GT40p heads they also had the better intake manifold from the fox body Ho Mustangs , ford explorers also came out with them.

it is where i got my set from for my fairlane 

damn im glad i looked at this . i am actually going thru what springs to order today for my car.. and in the next few months it will be getting alloy heads ! .. good excuse to go lower than i was going to originally lol