Hertz

XG Fuel Injectors

Hi all,

I either need to get my injectors cleaned or go 'all out' and buy either new standard injectors or some 'better' ones. So what injectors would everyone recommend for a stock 4.0L XG engine and what needs to be done so that it maximises the output (any cpu changes)?

Thanks,

Harley

EA-EL All the same I think.

AU have a better spray pattern, still fit straight in.

You won't gain any power from bigger injectors. If it runs ok just leave it, otherwise you can get them cleaned but I have no idea if its worth it.

I have some sets of EF/EL ones in the spare parts collection if you want some.

Okay, thanks SLO247! I will probably get some AU injectors for it as the clogged one was really dirty and they will all still be a bit dirty. Only $70 anyway for the 6 and it might not feel different bit at least I will know that they are clean. I will have to replace the fuel filter as well.

Make sure the injector you fit is the same or you will need to modify the ECU and handle the fuel throughput of the injector. Even if the LB/h is the same injectors with different part number can have different dead times which can affect fuel control. If it's a stocker then just get them serviced. Look around and try alot of places. Some places will charge a fortune to get them cleaned. I had mine done once for $12 ea. That was in wagga wagga.

If you had the facility to alter the fuel tune however, then id recommend some newer EV6 style from a later falcon. Be careful though, they are 42lb and you may have an issue tuning low rpm and load as the pulse width can be too short (read: <2ms)

Maby. Get the part number off the side of your factory injectors and i'll have a look for you. But even then, the injector dead time might be different. and they rarely list that in the spec sheet. you could put them in and it will be perfect. or you could put them in and end up guzzling through fuel...

I finally just took some photos of one of my injectors, but I'm not too sure of which number is the part number... So here is a photo of each number on the injectors.

IMAG0817_zps6ea3b247.jpgIMAG0818_zpsb0dcd9a5.jpg

Could someone inform me of which one is the part number? And Crazy2287, could you please have a look for me?

Cheers!

0-280-150-736

lb/h 18.25

cc 191.8

psi 43.5

bar 3

Little smaller then crossy injectors. but not by much. Some conflicting data sources but all within the ballpark.

au are apparently 21lb will make you run rich. So look for xd-el falcon they are apparently 19lb. should work.

http://www.xfalcon.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24797-stock-injector-flow-rate/

there are a few placed listing data here is one

http://www.polog40.co.uk/article_injector_table.php

any injector with the same length 0-ring to 0-ring should work.

this speck sheet give ALOT more info

www.usrallyteam.com/content/products/injector/Bosch_Injector_data.xls

but i think it may all be real world testing so take the cc figures as a little rough. It will give you an idea on the type and dimensions of each part number.

Okay, wow! Thankyou so much for all of that! Would I have any benefit for getting the XD - EL injectors? Or would it be better to just get some new stock injectors?

Thanks!

Not really chasing anything at all, I thought that other injectors may make the engine run more smoothly (not that it isn't smooth. And I am going to get new injectors anyway, so I wanted some feedback before I acted. So thankyou!

And I am located about an hour west of Brisbane, why do you ask?

I have a set here but im 2 hrs south of sydney.

IMO shop around on prices to have them cleaned. When they are cleaned they come out like brand spankin new ones anyway and should be half the cost.

Okay, thankyou heaps for all of the information! I will start searching for prices and there should soon be a result in my project thread soon enough.