Sign in to follow this  
78xcgxl

X series pedal box cruise control setup.

Hi all,

With my XC i'm going to run the BF cruise control with my barra conversion and was just wondering how the cruise control pedal box switches were setup on an X series.

From what i understand factory cruise control became available on XFs. So does anyone have any pics of a XF cruise control pedal box set up, would prefer a manual setup but auto one will also be helpful?

Not sure if they are all the same but my ed just has what looks to be vacuum switches, could just weld up a bracket to fit them to original pedals???

Not sure if they are all the same but my ed just has what looks to be vacuum switches, could just weld up a bracket to fit them to original pedals???

Yeah that what i was thinking on welding a bracket but if i could get my hands on a XF pedal box i could just cut the bracket off and weld it on to my XC pedal box.

They just ran dual brake light switches. Wired parallel. 

Thats what i figured, so do all XF pedal boxes have the bracket to allow you to fit the other swtiches or was it only fitted to cruise control cars?

Ok sweet that sorts out the brake pedal side of things, but the clutch pedal seems much harder. I'm struggling to work how to make a bracket for the switch for with cable clutch pedal adjuster in the way. Anyone got pics of a XF setup or any ideas?

Thanks for that Mr Polson, that would be great. I've got few pedal boxes mainly XCs ones and 1 XD pedal box but all of them only have the one hole for the brake light switch with no extra hole for a cruise control switch one. I assume it must of only came on XFs. I'll send Panko a PM and i'll have a quick geez through his thread to see if there is any pics cheers.

Panko may know, he converted his Ghia wagon (cruise standard) to manual..

I thought Panko's wags was factory manual? 

XF's never came out with cruise on manual cars. 

I wouldn't bother with the clutch switch unless the BF set-up demands it. I put XF cruise on my manual XdEE and it was mint  but would labour at low revs. Was easier to tap the brakes to disengage cruise and change down a gear, than disengaging manually via the control buttons. Is that what the clutch switch does? Same as brakes, disengages cruise?

I thought Panko's wags was factory manual? 

XF's never came out with cruise on manual cars. 

I wouldn't bother with the clutch switch unless the BF set-up demands it. I put XF cruise on my manual XdEE and it was mint  but would labour at low revs. Was easier to tap the brakes to disengage cruise and change down a gear, than disengaging manually via the control buttons. Is that what the clutch switch does? Same as brakes, disengages cruise?

Hmm interestingarrow-10x10.png i know you can get a factory manual XF fairmont Ghia as one of my mates brought one and sold it about a year ago. It was a factory 4 speed ghia on the ID plates and all, but not sure if it had cruise or not. So you reckon you couldn't get a XF ghia manual and with Cruise?

On my BA ute which is manual with cruise control it does run a dual switch setup that disengages the cruise control if the clutch pedal is depressed in the same manner as it would with the brake pedal. I guess it wouldn't be 100% required but if you say for example have the cruise engaged in on the freeway and go to downshift the car will rev its tits off you forget to disengage the cruise

For the extra little bit of workarrow-10x10.png while the pedal box is out i think worth installing a switch for the clutch pedal

Nah his is a Ghia, so factory auto. He done such a neat conversion it looks factory.

Yeah, clutch just disengages/cancels cruise.

I know it's a Ghia wagon, but I was sure it was a factory manual. I could be wrong.

Another thing that comes to mind  is XGs surely they run a similar pedal box to XFs and surely you could get a manual XG with cruise control?

Same pedal box but I've never seen or heard of an XG with factory cruise. 

As far as I'm aware, all Ghia's were auto except for a few "one offs" that were probably special order.

The cruise was integrated into the headlight control pod though, so surely they must have found a way to make it work.

You could also get dealer fitted cruise control to non Ghia models.

My Ford workshop manual mentions a cruise clutch switch, I can have a look at it tonight see exactly what it says.

Sorted out the pedal box, you guys were right in saying that all XF boxes the extra hole of the cruise control switch. I cut the bracket off a XF pedal box and welded it to my XC one. Managed to use the old brake light switch bracket, cut it to shape and used it as the clutch pedal cruise control switch.

Here are some pics

XF pedal box

[/url]

20150518_102314.jpg

20150518_142721.jpg

20150518_171000.jpg

20150518_171013.jpg