wagoon

good x series seats??

Ok some I need a good pair of seats for my wagon. The original seat was quite soft and saggy offering no back support and the frame was twisted to the centre of the car so I swapped it for a spare xf 1 I had and it too has the same saggy soft back. I understand that these seats are quite old and have done a bit work but my wagon only had 170,00kms when I picked it up. So are there any factory seats from the x series range that have  stronger construction and offer firm  back support that will fit into the original mounting position with little to no mods. I don't want to have to spend to much more than a couple of hundred dollars so I won't be buying esp seats no matter how good they are. If there isn't any good factory seats I will probably go for seats out of a new car but I would rather not require engineering and I don't want the unwanted attention from having seats that obviously don't belong in the car even if they have been engineered.

Interesting question and 1 I'm sure many Xd-Xf owners have asked form time to time. I know my ute is multi drilled from the factory to take any arrangement of seats and came with a bench. But as you have alluded too I don't believe there is a factory model that replaces well...shit. 

My Au ute had firmer yet maybe narrower backs factory till I got the XR seats and trims in it which feel more comfortable and look better by 56,000,000 or so.In saying that the BA XR seats that were in my XF sedan where made for this model car IMO but come out of a flat floored car so it needs spacers on the inside rear and obviously do not look stock.

You have somthing there though what's the best x model seat ? Maybe a XG-H XR6 model seat would be the winner ?   

My Au ute had firmer yet maybe narrower backs factory

Look I know I'm fat right, there's no need to bring that into this discussion :P

Thinking that I will probably have to go a seat from one of the newer models and maybe have sheep skin seat covers for the grandpa look, but would have nothing to do with hiding them :rolleyes:

XG and H had E series seats. I have the ED Ghia Recaro style ones in the XG, they are pretty comfortable and supportive.

There was a how-to on xfalcon years ago about putting au seats in with home made rails.

Look I know I'm fat right, there's no need to bring that into this discussion :P

Thinking that I will probably have to go a seat from one of the newer models and maybe have sheep skin seat covers for the grandpa look, but would have nothing to do with hiding them :rolleyes:

Im the last one to call anyone fat...I even got called a biker the other which I took offence to cos I was wearing my SLY250 shirt where as the stupid bouncer thought it was SYLF...dumb fucks wonder why they get put down.

But yes the AU seat could be made to look almost right if you get the right colour and mix and match trims to suit.

Always been a fan of eb xr seats pic 4 in the add http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kallangur/cars-vans-utes/ford-falcon-eb-xr8/1070380107 Never sat in them just like the look of them and probably the closest to esp seats so can pass them off as standard fitment.

Slo I do remember a couple of threads on X that covered seats, will head over for a refresher.

From a search on X falcon the au seats look to be stupid easy to fit as you only have to make an adapter which bolts to the floor then the seat rails bolt to the adapter. Thanks for everyones input, keep the ideas coming

fe ltd seats.  but they're fucking huge and take up heaps of room.  but comfy as all fuck.

I went searching the net for a set to have a look at and the certainly do look very comfy, lounge chairs don't look that comfy. Guessing finding a good pair could be an issue in my part of the world.

Ive got ed xr8 seats in mine. Cant beat them imo

How did you go fitting them in the car. I believe the seat rails have the bent mounts at the front, how did you get around that? Keen to see a pic if you have one handy or point me in the direction of a pic

How did you go fitting them in the car. I believe the seat rails have the bent mounts at the front, how did you get around that? Keen to see a pic if you have one handy or point me in the direction of a pic

I didnt fit them, i got them from a guy who had done all the customizing. But ill get a pic for you shortly :)

Those aren't anything like xe or xf rails that I have as they have much smaller individual feet that bolt to the floor and only one rail that slides inside another rail instead of the 2 shown. Tufe can you take a pic of the rear mounts for the rear seat please as I'm thinking they would have to used something to extend the rear leg.

Thanks for doing that dude. So I'm guessing that first pic is from behind the drivers seat looking towards the drivers door going by the seat belt location? Just trying to get the orientation right in my head. I think your right on the hybrid mount setup, but I will admit that I have never seen under the eb/ed seats

Yep, first pic was facing towards drivers door. I shouldve specified. My advice would be get the two together side by side out of the car and get creative haha. Goodluck

Im after a pair of seats that have firm support on the back of the seat, not a bit of tissue paper stuffed inside some material like my current ones. Also after ones that have strong frames that wont break like most x series. Dont care if they are x series e series or au seats.