MattJeavons

Help - crossy won't rev past 4k

Xelisty...each combo is specific it what it has runs and needs. If you run a something like this set up I'd suggest you need more cam shaft with more lift,more exhaust and a good collector,more induction and a really good ignition. Never heard anyone complain about going to a basic and cheap Street fire + TFI dizzy combo except Ando yet.

Really can't expect to make power above or beyond the 4500-4700 like Garth has already stated as he uses the same cam and a similar combo so reving it or wanting it to rev harder is not going to make it faster in this case. Mine rev's to like 7500 and makes it peaks well below that but I use the RPM to my advantage via convertor,torque,exhaust (the exhaust keeps the power coming in for longer) induction and gearing for my use.

It's all relative to use...can't expect a pony to outrun a qtr-horse if you get my drift. But TBH all the info you want is already on the forums and or you can ask guys for help. Stumpers DIY thread is a prime example.

Just saying 

Thanks for the great info. I don't want to head the thread off track as mine is turbo but very interest on the ongoing of the crossflows.

I had seriously NFI crossflows can be so complicated. Just amazes me the technology and work to get them right.

My crossy makes 220rwkw at 3200 rpm (turbo) and silly torque and starts to drops down after 3800 even though boost is still going up. Hits 16psi at 4000rpm ramping rate.

Still it it terrific to drive with such torque and the car was delivered exactly what I asked for without killing the stock engine...

(Though rebuilt by previous owner)

My interest is more future than present.

I have lots of homework and reading to do to come up with a future plan but not this season. Happy with low 13s (for now)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK for turbo's which I don't have...the cam tells the engine "where in the rpm range it's power will be more than how much" if more so than a NAT ASP engine of where and how much.

But in saying that less compression and more boost always works to make it stomp on real hard and safely where as havin a low boost limit due to restrictions of too much compression and internals not ready for intended power are a bigger issue for mind. Not saying it is how it should be but all my teachings of boost lean that way.16PSI is no joke TBH and I'd have to assume heat and restriction in induction or exhaust is a issue in power not going up but boost climbing still ? 

But to put your power level into perspective my car while not really sorted didn't make that power @ the back wheels yet it had run low 12's @ 112mph before tuning so far. So your making some power but spreading it wider to make use of it is your aim I see.

Might be time for a new thread in the turbo section I think :)

Agree with sly there is definiatly something off there and 14 psi is certainly nothing to sneeze at especially if the engine is near standard. Start a thread as there is someone around here that should be able to help

I know you guys are going back on topic, anyway Xelisty I would suggest that maybe your turbine housing is on the small side if you're hitting the brick wall and that your wàstegate maybe on the small side also if you're struggling to control boost. After that top end power can be increased through camshaft selection and intake mods, manifold design etc

Edit: and of course stating the obvious, a bigger turbo

It certainly makes a mountain of torque. Very impressive, if you could just get that torque curve to hang on for a bit longer. Just looking at it your turbine housing looks sizeable. Maybe ask Mike Vine for the turbo specs? Maybe get the cam specs from the previous owner too. Anyway it's a very neat setup, will leave further comments to your thread.