Sign in to follow this  
wagoon

Testing lsd

At the moment I am looking around for an AU diff hat, but I have come across a fairly cheap diff with lsd in it. Yes I know the AU diff doesn't suit x series thats why I have 2 ed diffs in the shed with different ratios.

So my question is if a diff is removed for a car is it possible to truly test the condition of the lsd as everyone selling always says they are tight.

One wheel on ground, one wheel in the air, if wheel in air free spins she's rooted. Check for play by rocking the hub backwards and forwards, too much play, she's going to be trouble.

If out of car you may have to get someone to hold the one wheel on the ground, usually the cars weight will hold it steady.

I always look at the condition of the back tyres, and check the handbrake cable, if it looks like some cocks been doing Burnouts with it alot or handbrakies, would look at another one.

There is a special torque arm to check the lash in them, I havent got one.

Jack.

Yeah Jack I was thinking of taking some wheels with me and holding one end up in the air and trying to turn the tyre thats in the air.

Pro that is the exact info I needed and I like you thinking with the vice. Will defiantly give it a go

Cheers guys