jamie247

easiest way to remove front windscreen?

the screen is glued in there is a wire in there if its never bn done before that you put 12v to and it heats it up make it easier to push out or you can use piano wire with to guys to cut it out 

I just used a piece of wire with a bit of dowell on each end and cut around the screen with a sawing action.

As for the stainless trim clips you can get them on ebay or from rare spares. I hope they fit and work ok cause thats what i am going to use.

Bigcav might have some more knowledge on them.

I just got the shop to send a van around to remove the old unit then I checked for where I expected rust to be (found it to be perfect :) ) and then got him to install the new unit all in the shed @ home. If your screen is in good nick I'd prob still suggest the same as if it's a Ford screen they are hot glued in place and a McFuck to remove all the goup and stuff :) 

For the price of a new front screen installed there's no way I'd pull and refit an old one in a freshly painted car. A new windscreen looks a million times better and lifts the whole appearance of the car.