blueman

EL stereo single din to double din

Hi guys,

Just picked up my first falcon - a 98 Futura EL. Looking forward to seeing what she can do! Just got the front brake pads and rotors replaced and then the driver side window regulator replaced. Next is the stereo....

I'm looking to replace the factory single din cassette with a double din gps/entertainment unit. I'm wondering if rather than hacking the surround faceplate, there might be a ready made solution I can replace and install a double din straight into without modification? I've attached a picture if how it looks now. I'm also guessing I can just get a falcon to ISO adaptor for easy plug and play installation?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

bd3539dc11ebac74862cbcf0b4044703.jpg

Fairmont ghias, some Fairlane and the LTD had factory double DIN stereos. Just get a surround from one of those. Looms are easy, made by Aerpro and available at parts shops.

What about a double din for XF lads?

I thought about this last year glenn. Do-able i reckon, choosing the unit tho would be a headache?

You would have to measure the hole you want to put it in and then measure some of the units out there.

Plus make a custom 'fascia' for the whole shebang, but.... with your skills you could make it work. 

with your skills you could make it work.

Nope, not going to happen fella. I ask because I'd love to just be able to bolt in the double din DVD player I've got here and be done with it.