Sign in to follow this  
XTREME KARTS XF

Spot lights wont light up

Hey Xtreme , mate just watch that wire sleeve stuff, if the ends or sides are open water gets in and shorts ya connections. I prefer to hand wrap/loom the wiring in electrical tape, just be sure to use a good quality one like Nitto or similiar or it will just come apart.... a bit like buick v6 /commodore motors.....

Nice to have good lights on a dark road.

Jack.

Mark, can you "Zap" that square tube to the roll bar and do away with those nasty lookin U bolts? (would only need a weld here and there)

Appearance is everything  ;)

Sorry mate but I gotta agree here :) I know you're not going for a showroom look but a tack of weld would look really neat without the clamps.

Mark, perhaps some right angle iron in 2 small 60mm (6cm long) length's zapped to the bar instead, that way

you can access the bolt from the light, get a spanner on it to tighten and what not.

If you stood up the iron on its edge facing the front you could master it like that and once all wired back up

some white paint and presto  :)

rightangle.jpg

Mark, perhaps some right angle iron in 2 small 60mm (6cm long) length's zapped to the bar instead, that way

you can access the bolt from the light, get a spanner on it to tighten and what not.

If you stood up the iron on its edge facing the front you could master it like that and once all wired back up

some white paint and presto  :)

rightangle.jpg

Didnt think of that Steve, cheers mate!! :) Even some 30x30 will work. People told me to drill and bolt though the rollbar but i didnt want to crush the tubing, if i was going to do that i'll machine up some crush tubes/sleeves in a lathe, drill the holes and bolt the light in place.