Sign in to follow this  
Free.51

will xe xf 6 cyl fuel sender fit?

Hi all need to know if xe or xf 6 cyl carb fuel sender will fit in to my fd ltd fuel tank which used to be efi 6, reason I'm asking is cos atm I'm running the v8 with the original efi 6 fuel line which has an inside diameter of 6mm whearas the v8/6 cyl carb fuel line has inside diameter of 8mm I got a v8 fuel line off a fc ltd from the wreckers the other day but the sender is no good to me as the hole in the fuel tank on my ltd is much bigger in diameter than the sender unit from the. fc. So I thought I'd ask here first instead of making another trip to the wreckers to find out that it won't fit, thanks in advance.

Chris

Thanks dean, I found out yesterday when i went to pick a part the xf carbied style sender has a smaller hole in the tank than the efi one no matter ive figued out a way to connect the efi sender hose up to the v8 hardline. In regards to the fuel tank id have to get one out of a zk zl that is carbied since the rear end is longer than the falcons yeah ?

yep, also from the rear of the wheel arch to the end of the rear quarters are also a tad bit longer on fairlanes than falcons found that out one day when I bought some side bumper extensions off an xf painted them up all nice & went to put them on my zl & they just weren't long enough.

tank will fit, i fitted a ZL tank to My XE when i went EFi. not sure about ZJ/XD but the XE XF ZK ZL FD FE will fit. some are wider than others though, 65 ish litres to 80litre ish