hellenikboy

Xe starting problems

Hey guys,

Got stuck in a carpark today. I parked and tried turn the car back on and the starter motor would not turn over.

I gave it a bit of bang and tried wiring the starter directly from the battery and still nothing.

Just wondering is there anything else i can try before I can confirm my starter is dead?

And when buying a new starter should i just go for an AU starter. I've heard they are more powerful and smaller in size.

Thanks

Is it an upright type with the solenoid on top next to the exh manifold? If so, the heat causes the solenoid cap to split and then no go.

If you manually bridged it out and still no go then I'm afraid she's cactus. AUs will fit i believe but maybe need drilling out from metric to imperial?

I got a secondhand EL one on mine, cost $20, smaller, more power. A spare engine I bought had a new chinese one on it that I used first, lasted 2 months.

Thanka guys. I was just going to go to repco cause i work there and i get trade price. But if you guys reckon they are shit then ill reconsider. The brand we have is oex so not sure if they are made in china or not