XFGHIA747

E2 head cc after shaving ? / crossflow heads shaved cc.

Just after a rough guide in what cc we would expect from a 60 tho shaved e2 head oviously it will vary due to previously skimid heads but on a rock stock basis what is achevable in each head class?

how much can be taken off and still have piston to valve clearance

I have some 8cc pistons on the shelf in shed and would like to give my e2 heads a good port 1.6 exhaust and 80 tho shave can this be done?

So Chuck up some shaved head figues lads ( guide refrence only )

E2 shaved .040 - 47cc.  - I don't think i would take much more than that off or you will start to run into PTV clearance issues if cam lift excedes .584" and zero deck height.  With an 8cc dish piston - zero deck - and .040 off on a .020 block you are at 11.98:1 compression. 

I think there is better ways to get comp than shaving the head that far and I would be worried about the integrity of the head with that much removed.  There are pads on the head that can be used to tell how much has been taken off previously.  Make use of them - most machine shops will give you the measurement if you ask nicely. 

As for the bigger exhaust valve - I would'nt unless you are runing an individual runner manifold.  Your inlet to exhaust ratio would suffer on anything less than an individual runner set up.  Exhaust flow is not an issue on these heads and flow can be improved with stock valve sizing if the inlet figures (with manifold fitted) show that you are underexhausted. 

Just my 2 cents worth

Oh and I have an unmarked head here that has been shaved that much that it cc's up at 41cc  - NO SHIT 41cc. I checked it numerous times.  It came off a speedway car but it flows shit and had bent a valve (probably PTV related) so I took all the good bits off it and it still here on the bench - cause I can't throw anything out. 

Thanks for the advice ando well I wont shave the e2 then until im ready to use it,

I can get a D heads I had one of these before and quiet liked it do you know what the cc is on a standard chamber amd what it would be 40 tho shaved ? Thats would be awesome if you could just slapping together a motor with what I have around atm, for the ke70, then I get to the ef crank crossy soon, thinking ill only have 9 to 1 comp or somewhere around there with the pistons in my efi bottom end,

c2 and d both start life at 42cc.  if you shave .020 off and lay back the inlet swirl and take away the sharp point they normally end up around 47cc.  but it depends how far you lay the inlet swirl back. 

It is really easy to make your own cc device.  just a bit of lexen couple of mill thick.  drill a hole in it with a bit of a taper.  vaso around the chamber - plonk the lexen on with the hole at the top of the chamber - get a syringe with ml on it - fill it with a mix of atf and a dash of petrol.  draw that up in the syringe and add it to the chamber - count how much of the mixture you put in - that's how many cc's the chamber is.  done