Sign in to follow this  
n00bus m@x1mus

XD rear sway bar question

Hey does anyone know if the swaybar mounts on the diff of an xd sedan are in the same place as every other watts lunk diff housing afterwards? Reason is im fitting an EF diff into an XG and thr swaybar is no go with the shocks... so i can either get a bar out of something with the same shock setup as this or fit the EF bar and modify the shock layout.

I just measured my XD diff (sedan) from centre of one mount to the centre of the other mount, was 590mm. Measuring from where the axle tube meets the diff housing, to the centre of each mount, was 68mm on the L/H side and 137mm on the R/H side. Hope that helps.  ;)

Cheers mate, ive got 695 between mounts on this diff unfortunately i think im stuck with this swaybar. And chaise i would have thought the E series wags had different shock setup to the xseries ute. But now u got me curious

So who can say what swaybar or shock setup an E series wagon runs?  Ive been looking at AU utes and they have a different shock setup which would help, an upright shock from leaf perch to the chassis rail but i dont know if i want to fit them that way just yet.