Trent250

Need advice modifying 250

PRO250's engine looks like a good match for you. Could drop the 14650 straight in it if you find you want more rpm.

Or, perhaps you would consider a good 218deg at 50thou cam (Camtech make a good one). With this cam there is no great need for 200 rods and late model crank (although my last EF crank cost $20 so why not use one? 200 rods not needed though), will be nicer than the 14650 engine most of the time and will be easier on the bottom end. It will work well between 2,000 and 5,000rpm.

3.45s or 3.23/3.27 will be ok.

What lettering is on the side of the head near the inlet ports (something like c1,c2,e1,e2)? What is the diameter of the intake and exhaust valves?

Ando's advice is good.

I think you can easily do this within budget depending exactly on what you expect.

The cylinder head has no marking on the sides of it but it has hf-2 on top of the head... Haven't measured what size the valves are but they are brand new..

Yea I live near adelaide so it's a fair way...ahaha..

The most important thing I have learned from the kind people here is when starting a build you need to know:

1.How much money you are prepared to spend on the car. Not just the engine but the whole car. Clutch, diff and gearbox will swallow alot of money if they keep breaking.

2.What rpm is the engine going to see. Do you think the red line is where you look at changing gear or do you change when the car needs it.

3.What is the car going to be used for. Building a car to do burnouts will have different parts to a cruiser and the burnout car wont like cruising.

You need to answer the questions honestly and accurately. If you do then the people here will be able to help you, otherwise everybody including you are guessing on what will be best and you will probably end up with a busted car and no money.

The cylinder head has no marking on the sides of it but it has hf-2 on top of the head... Haven't measured what size the valves are but they are brand new..

Yea I live near adelaide so it's a fair way...ahaha..

Dude it's not that far to drive for that motor I have a engine that pro250(Dave) built and it is a very strong motor and didn't cost the earth.

Cortina for life