VDO

Help to identify indicator switch.

Hi all.

I have an indicator switch which looks the same as XD XE style with the horn and flasher knob on it, but on the end of the wires it has a red plug instead of the grey plug usually found. Also the plug is a bit smaller than the XD XE types. It's still a flat plug with the arc shape, but red and a bit smaller.

Sorry I don't have a photo.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cant help exactly but that same switch has many variation, i know xc xd & xe are all different slightly but cant remember specifics, was also used in the equivilant aussie f trucks and cortina too, so there are potentially 5 variations of switchs

if it has a part number on anything i can crosscheck my books but oftern they dont match

that part number doesnt come up unfortunatly, id guess its xc by the number but depending on where that number is, ie if its the part number for the block they may use the same block right threw etc

after some research in falcon alone there are 4 different versions, xc and xd are the same but there is a floor/column manual version and also a column auto version, same 2 versions for xe also

that part number doesnt come up unfortunatly, id guess its xc by the number but depending on where that number is, ie if its the part number for the block they may use the same block right threw etc

after some research in falcon alone there are 4 different versions, xc and xd are the same but there is a floor/column manual version and also a column auto version, same 2 versions for xe also

I think it's most likely just the block number unfortunately.

I have an XD one and it's not the same.  The XC XD type has the slightly larger grey plug at the end of the wiring I believe.

Cortina ones don't have the wiring attached like this one, they just have the pins straight off the block.