Sign in to follow this  
RAWDEAL

Anyone here fitted an EFI 302w into an XB? Any issues?

Same as my single rail, so you could use any eb-au v8 clutch kit and flywheel.

The one I got is for a 94 mustang.

With the 164 / 157 teeth difference between the windsor and the cleveland. is the outside diameter of the ring gear different? :S

I cannot remember weather i had a 10.5 or 11" clutch in the cleveland, do i just measure the clutch disk outside diameter?

Stupid ford for not just making them ALL ZERO BALANCE

I am going into geelong today, soon, to get the engine mounts off of the clevo and the clutch and flywheel. for some reason i remember the guy who built the clutch kit saying that the bellhousing only takes a 10.5" clutch so he had to get a windsor clutch with the clevo balance lol :S

Also going to see if the engine fits in and the aircon/front accessorys ect fit in 

hey also fit a set of e series fuel lines as well from a v8 i have a spare set

I think he's running a carb, and seen the 302 is stock the std lines will be ok. Plus he previously ran a 351, so lines would be up to the task.

I think he's running a carb, and seen the 302 is stock the std lines will be ok. Plus he previously ran a 351, so lines would be up to the task.

i was thinking he might go EFI AND NEED A RETURN LINE

Why, Rev.  Whats different??  Thought the old XB 5/16" lines would have been enough.

Just interested.......

nothing as above ,lol

Going lpg, thought i mentioned that , straight gas, impco 425. the 351 and the 302 were both setup for the 425 ect

302w already has a torker2 intake on it 

Going lpg, thought i mentioned that , straight gas, impco 425. the 351 and the 302 were both setup for the 425 ect

302w already has a torker2 intake on it 

i too am going straight gas,ive ditched the injection, have made my own intake to bolt on a bigger throttle body,straight to the 4 barrel manifold,,

i too am going straight gas,ive ditched the injection, have made my own intake to bolt on a bigger throttle body,straight to the 4 barrel manifold,,

Pics of intake manifold u made?

ive made the 650 baseplate utealize the TPS and the ISC . but i dont need that anymore , the DC ltd used it for the auto ect .

although i might see if there are aftermarket ISC computers , i absolutly hate! having any gas come out of the exhaust at idle . an isc might help, if i tune the idle mixture really lean

Looks good man! so many mods lol! 

Ive found out the clutch that was running on the 351, was a 157 tooth , 6 bolt 10" clutch.. 

i think it was 157 tooth because of the bellhousing

now to find a flywheel for a 302 and a 10" clutch kit.. 

EDIT: 

5 mins later..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Falcon-Clutch-kit-eb-ed-ef-el-au-heavy-duty-/390025532782

seems its using an 6 cly e series clutch. the one that came off of the car was shagged . he diddnt set the slave cylinder up properly , and shimmed it so there was literally NO CLEARANCE FFS. it was a brass button with springs that i paid like 700$ for lol

You will find that the 50oz flywheel will require the 10.5 inch clutch, but I'm sure the .5 of an inch won't matter.

Is there any reason for that or ? 

i would assume its because the bolt pattern on the flywheel / clutch kits?

Yeah that could be the issue.

I'd source a xr8 flywheel and clutch kit, all sorted.

Sorted the flywheel, gotta pick that up

mounted the engine , fits like a glove!

The only trouble i had was near the o2 sensor on the passenger side, it hit one of the suspension bolts , but i unbolted it at the flange so thats all good now

10300113_10152444077791320_2385068939937

Just gonna get it running with the impco425, plumb the power steering with braided flex lines, ect.

Also have to obviously clean it all up and cut down most of the loom.. 

Not sure if these dizzys need an MSD box of the OEM computer to run properly ? 

The efi 5.0s come out with roller cams if im not mistaken? If so whats a good cam to put in it ? i am also not sure on what timing gears/chain they have from factory if they are anything like the OEM clevo stuff i want to replace it lol

Ive decided to ditch the clevo for this car all together 

timeline should go like this 

> efi 302w get that running with a new cam

> start collecting parts for forged windsor boost motor

> fabricate the turbo piping for the gt4088

> install turbo, tune if for low boost

> Most likely need a new clutch after a few months 

> sort out any lpg supply issues IE 2 converters 2 lockoffs ect, that will be needed for higher boost 

> install a crank trigger kit on it to get it sequential spark, prolly COP

> Diff will prolly be blown up by this stage so get a 9" built

> get alloy headed windsor built with forged internals

> swap motors , more boost

> eventually end up with liquid lpg injection

Not sure if these dizzys need an MSD box of the OEM computer to run properly ? 

The efi 5.0s come out with roller cams if im not mistaken? If so whats a good cam to put in it ? i am also not sure on what timing gears/chain they have from factory if they are anything like the OEM clevo stuff i want to replace it lol

tfi style dizzy can be run with an aftermarket timing controller like some of the xflow boys on here, 86 on 5.0's were roller engines, yes they do have a shitty single row timing chain in standard form, to setup for crank trigger I would use an au timing cover, harmonic balancer, and front drive accessories (as a bonus the au setup is shorter than early 5.0) also when ordering cams make sure to specify it's a factory roller 5.0 as early blocks are a little different in the lifter gallery and required a slightly different lifter to later engines

tfi style dizzy can be run with an aftermarket timing controller like some of the xflow boys on here, 86 on 5.0's were roller engines, yes they do have a shitty single row timing chain in standard form, to setup for crank trigger I would use an au timing cover, harmonic balancer, and front drive accessories (as a bonus the au setup is shorter than early 5.0) also when ordering cams make sure to specify it's a factory roller 5.0 as early blocks are a little different in the lifter gallery and required a slightly different lifter to later engines

So i get a digital programmable MSD and im all good? 

I am not 100% on how the different types of dizzys work 

Ok so the igniton box wont work with the crank trigger stuff like i wanted it to

Had it running today with basic wiring in place and no cooling system ect ( just wanted to hear it run)

The headers foul the starter on the drivers side.. I need headers that Dont dump down so close to the motor.. At the moment i can only get 1 bolt in the starter and the collector basically points at the solonoid lol

Its got standard ltd type extractors on it at the moment

Is there any off the shelf sets i can buy?

A mate had a set of lukey extractors for an eb xr8 and they looked like they would work.. Unsure though