unfamilia

how to stiffen rear wagon suspension

Im looking to stiffen my xd rear suspension or leaves. Its got 30years of sag going on.

I dont want to lower the car if anything higher would be better for camping and carting around stuff.

Is it just a matter of adding an extra leaf or using ute leaves?

Cheers

Ute/wagon/fairlane/LTD......all share the same wheel base.  If you could find ute leaves, they will stiffen up the ride a bit.  Alternatively, get yours heated and reset. Any suspension place or springworks factory can lower, raise, add or remove and still keep the same ride height.

That would be my choice, tell them what you need it for, how high you want it etc, etc, all comes down to how much folding stuff you got. :unsure:

Thanks gerg. Im in melbourne. If I could freight them through ego.com.au I would take em in a heart beat.

Bear im aware of taking them to be reset. Was looking for something more cost effective and bolt in solution. Car hasnt even cost me 1k yet but will break that on weekend buying another carby.

So spending couple hundred currently cant be justified.

Ive played with lowering leaves before but not raising or stiffening them

Cheers bear. Id love to make it high riding like the rtv utes.

Mate, you won't get it that high without weed or getting new upper and lower arms on the front. My Outbacks ride height is 200mm, that and MAYBE a 2-3" lift kit is as far as the factory arms will take em.

Spring resets are CHEAP man, my local springworks (go to the springworks- my suspension joint charged $320 for what the springworks did for $60 a side).

Just take the leaf springs in and tell em how much higher ya want it.

The front will need to come up as well later and remember, every inch you come up is a little comprimise in handling unless ya tighten her right up.

Jack.