Sign in to follow this  
RAWDEAL

Where does the XFLOW / SOHC / DOHC I6 fit on this list?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ford_bellhousing_patterns#Later_Windsor_V8_pattern

best link ive found in a while!! 

Wondering if the later model aussie 6s fit with anything else on this list or are they there own pattern? 

id love to update the wiki!

AFAIK

late EL/AU/DOHC are the same, but different to SOHC?

SOHC is ???

XFLOW is SBF?

xp-xf 6 cyl are the same as each other,  ohc from ea to El are the same Au to bf (unsure of fg) 6 cyl are the same (ea bf are interchangeable but the supports at the bottom of the bellhousing don't line up as Au on used a cast aluminum sump instead)

xp-xf 6 cyl are the same as each other,  ohc from ea to El are the same Au to bf (unsure of fg) 6 cyl are the same (ea bf are interchangeable but the supports at the bottom of the bellhousing don't line up as Au on used a cast aluminum sump instead)

So basically 

OHV xp-xf Are the same, and the same as SBF?

OHC Ea-El are the same pretty much 100%

OHC/DOHC Au-BF Are the same

OHC/DOHC Ea to BF are the same except those alloy gusset things that they use dont line up?

What about 250xflow to Ea OHC?

So basically 

OHV xp-xf Are the same, and the same as SBF?

OHC Ea-El are the same pretty much 100%

OHC/DOHC Au-BF Are the same

OHC/DOHC Ea to BF are the same except those alloy gusset things that they use dont line up?

What about 250xflow to Ea OHC?

Almost v8 is differed to 6cyl and ohc is different to xflow

Almost v8 is differed to 6cyl and ohc is different to xflow

Fk ford sometimes! how hard would it be for them to make the patterens all the fkn same! lol

just want to convert an earlier car to OHC now i cant use any decent gearboxes ! 

Fk ford sometimes! how hard would it be for them to make the patterens all the fkn same! lol

just want to convert an earlier car to OHC now i cant use any decent gearboxes ! 

4 speed autos on ea- au are good and T5s are good as well, what is the problem?

The gearboxes that come behind a 4.0l are well up to the task of handling a hot 4.0l what gear box did you want to put behind one?

I was either gonna use the c10 i have sitting in the shed.. or the 6 speed manual i also have sitting in the shed lol. ive got a forward shifter mount kit for it to

Go manual, non overdrive autos are boring and only good on the drag strip! What is the 6 speed you have?

its a tr6060, i have a bellhousing to suit a clevo , is why i was annoyed to find the 4.0 doesnt share the same pattern 

its a tr6060, i have a bellhousing to suit a clevo , is why i was annoyed to find the 4.0 doesnt share the same pattern 

Actually might sus out and see if my mod motor/tr6060 bellhousing fits the Au or the eb OHC motors i have laying around.. might get lucky and it fits one of them lol 

using a 6 cyl bell housing on a v8 wouldn't work as the starter would be positioned behind the cyl head and they are an entirely different bolt pattern

using a 6 cyl bell housing on a v8 wouldn't work as the starter would be positioned behind the cyl head and they are an entirely different bolt pattern

Yeah its a bit annoying lol

If the bolt pattern was the same as say SBF or something more common i could more than likely order a Quicktime bellhousing with the starter in a different spot

It being it has its on unique pattern makes things annoying