Sign in to follow this  
Clevo120Y

Piston ID

While the subject of pistons has came up. I have a set of new 200 rod pistons and rings for a 250 sitting in the shed, does anyone know what they would be worth if I was going to sell them?

The 250 oil rings won't fit the 200 rod pistons, if they are acl pistons that is.  250 pistons have a 4mm oil groove and the 200 have a 3mm.  You can get a buick ring set and use the oil rings out of them as they are 3mm but the cost gets up as you are buying two sets of rings to make one.  Well that was the case January 2012 when I had to throw rings at my speedway engine.  Maybe Hastings or someone has made a ring set to suit the 200 rod pistons by now. 

I think the pistons are around $450 new from memory so probs somewhere around there.  I just paid $80 for a set of Hastings rings to suit my ross pistons (same as acl 250 pistons).  Hope that helps. 

What oversive are your pistons???

Okay then Slydog's pricing would be close to the money.  They are a great set of pistons in my humble opinion and if I didn't have a brand new set fitted up to balanced and rod bolted rods I would be all over them.  What oversive are the 250 rings?