Sign in to follow this  
Ando81

Help me find this squeak!

Hey fellas, can someone help me before I go totally nuts. My xf ute has developed an annoying squeak like dry plastic rubbing together and I cannot find the source. It is behind the drivers side quarter window and sounds like it is where the window closes but I have taken out all of the plastic covers and removed the window closing mechanism but its still there. Tried to spray it all with crc but still have the noise right behind my ear as I drive. Help!!!!!!!! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Cheers mate, I'll give it a go. I have stripped all plastic parts out from behind the seat and the bloody thing still squeaks. I might just get some silicone spray tomorrow and hive it all a good soaking.

Hmmm........being a ute it's slightly different to a sedan. Fuel tank is behind the seat, (rubber hoses rubbing)........ front eye of the leaf springs,............ stock seats? (rubbing against bodywork),............seat belt hanger  ?   Good luck !

Hmmm........being a ute it's slightly different to a sedan. Fuel tank is behind the seat, (rubber hoses rubbing)........ front eye of the leaf springs,............ stock seats? (rubbing against bodywork),............seat belt hanger ? Good luck !

Might be worth a look at the seatbelt hanger. Bloody thing sounds like its right behind my right ear as I drive, will give the spring eye a lube as well just to be sure. Thanks for the tip :)

You might be right about the springs, I noticed that it was quiet one day on a rainy day so maybe the moisture had got into the squeak and shut it up but since it has dried out, the noise is back.

Nah mate, no nolathane in the ute, she's only a workhorse. Also wondering if this noise might be the small panel that bolts onto the back of the cabin behind the drivers door running from the roof to the top of the ute tub.