Sign in to follow this  
n00bus m@x1mus

4.0L race spec balancer anyone?

So ive been looking everywhere and i cant seem to find one, i can find a butt load on ebay to suit the barra which is no good, but none to suit EF-AU.  Ive found a couple OEM replacements but im not keen on spending coin to replace stock for stock.  The one on there is munted so lets make it better i say.

You don't want a light balancer,a underdriven one though...yes.The important shit costs money bud and make the engine perform better than dress up gear doe's.A street balancer is only a steel outer with a cast hub elsto-bonded (heated and pressed then cured in a oven) together.Thats why it has a SFI rating as they claim em to be explosion proof with steel outers.

I've seen heaps and heaps of Romac units with fooked hubs from flogged out broached key-ways that came off Falcon 6's and Clevo's.Never seen a Ross or Atomic unit go in for repair or a race spec Powerbond unit for that matter.

I know what ur saying, but if i blow my budget on a balancer then i might lose my roll ive got going on sneaking car parts in under the radar LOL.

Plus while i like reving 6s i think 6500rpm is sufficient for what i intend on putting it thru.