Tyler06

Oil pressure

ok I doubt the oil will cure it permanently. 28mm clearance, are you kidding!!! 6-7mm is much better. sump volume sounds fine, but I'm not familiar with their design. What lifters are you running? What are your tappets set at?

Cheers

ando

I would suggest setting the lifters at 8 and 10th stone cold,I know people who go tighter but thats my limit.By following the profile of the cam a bit tighter it will make more torque aswell but limit RPM to a degree they say.Mine still revved to 7200 easy enough so I don't where the limit is TBH? But it also makes the valve train ALOT quieter.

Set em dead cold,then wind it over a few times then check em all again then start it and I reckon will be quieter and smoother aswell.Story is you get better throttle response and torque with tighter settings but more HP with loose settings as the lifters hit the cam ramp alot more violently and open the valve faster...so they say in Nascar.Seeing as they still run solid cammed engines and make 900 odd HP and rev to 9500 I tend to belive em too.

ok well slydog is right on it. tighten those tappets down. I run exactly the same as his and don't suffer any valve train issues (see skid ute in video's section). In fact when I tightened mine down the engine was a whole lot happier. Sprintcars up here run zero lash because of the heat we have. Scary but true.

I'm settled on your lifters and your pump being the issue. get yourself a set of ISKY 382-H lifters. They also do the same lifter with a small hole in the cam face to squirt oil onto the cam. I use them in my speedway car 382-H-SO, from memory. U can change them without taking the head off. Getting 1 and 12 back in isn't easy but you will get it. assembly lube on the bottom of course and normal cam run it.

PM me for the oil pump mod (a man has to have some secrets) and you will be as sweet as a nut.