ando76

wagon leafs into ute?

Thanks Rob. So all done and dusted. Flipped bottom leaf wagon (4leafs) springs installed in place of utes old 6 leafs.

Passenger side came down 45mm and drivers side 35mm. I'm real happy with the result for the $18 it cost me. Ute sits nice and level now.

When time permits I'll chuck in some stock height front springs just to see how it looks with the bum down. I'm not keen to go any lower at the back. The ute is built for burnouts and usually comes in on rims after a burnout so any lower will be a real pain.

Yeah some people don't realize unless you run 17" rims lowered cars and blown tyres = stuck where it stops...LOL Yes I have done this before :)

$18 is pretty good going I must say,well done bruz...

beautiful, was just about to start a topic about this. i need to do something about my ride, it rides over bumps and then bounces down the road like a boat in choppy water! great when you have a busty girl in the passenger seat though

That sounds like your front shocks are stuffed if it bounces down the road.

Andy.

That sounds like your front shocks are stuffed if it bounces down the road.

Andy.

the front shocks are brand new monroe GT's so nope haha. i have a suspicion that the bump stops may need modifying however haha

Yeah the bump stops in mine are destroyed from the previous owner, too much bump and she thumps badly. Will try cut down stock bumps and new shocks, should fix it.

it has lowering blocks and dragway 14s so its about 2 inches off the rims touching with a flat, will try spring flipping and removing or cutting the blocks.

Old man reckons take it back to stock but on 14s it would look crap

Glad I found this, have a few Falcons sitting around but recently got defected for height regulations on My AU Series 3 Ute. The cop only put on the charge sheet the front end was too low but My mechanic said it was 19.4mm under regulation all round, so I got him to change the front springs for Me. Now the leaf springs, can I use the leaf springs off My old EL wagon on My AU series 3 Ute.?. I know most parts AU series 3 are exchangable with the Later BA models but am not sure about leaf springs. Am hoping to save Myself some cash and use these EL springs if I can...