Sign in to follow this  
gromet88

Will this work?

Ok, I know a fair whack about x series cars a book load on e series but the smartlock (f*ckuplock) always gets me. Some of you might know I have a DC LTD that has been converted to ED XR6 motor and 5 speed box. It was done dodgey and wires were everywhere and you had to riggle wires to get smartlock to kick out and allow the car to start. so I ripped the whole dodgey loom out and smartlock box and installed a new loom and box. Re-tuned the box and got it to start a few times then it started playing up again with the smartlock light showing smartlock was the problem. I changed the box again and same thing. Even with the two wire bypass, still to no avail. So I red in another thread about a bypass module and found one on evilBay but will it work in the DC with the set up it has??

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Smartlock-Module-Bypass-Override-Code-generator-/181168121103?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2e76250f

when i worked at ford ,we were told if the smart lock box,goes byby you need to replace computer ,smartlock box ignition etc

but the auto elect down the street has worked out a way to by pass il ask him tomorrow for ya

when i worked at ford ,we were told if the smart lock box,goes byby you need to replace computer ,smartlock box ignition etc

but the auto elect down the street has worked out a way to by pass il ask him tomorrow for ya

that'll be great. It was a great car when it started, flew along really well, only drove it a few times and wanted to rego it and drive it full time but then it started playing up more and now wont start at all so annoying!

Never tried one but I do know you can turn smartlock off with a j3 chip, also does you interior light work?

cant remember now, its in storage now which is more annoying. I was going to spend a fortune at an auto elect to get it running but run out of time so it was put away but now I find this module!!

You can re-train smartlock by leaving the ignition on with all the doors open for half an hour (used for when a new smartlock module is fitted

My xg has smart lock, but the interior light does not work or side indicators!, it doesn't even have any door lock actuators, so it doesn't lock anything. All it does is flash a light on the dash & used the tibby lock & barrel with smart lock.

It has an EB 5L with engine bay & dash harness in it etc which all reprogrammed together as it should.

There are 2 red with blue trace wires going into the smart lock module, if you join these 2 together before the module it gives direct power to the starter motor relay, ive got a hidden toggle switch in there so honest thieves think its got the full smart lock feature.

You can re-train smartlock by leaving the ignition on with all the doors open for half an hour (used for when a new smartlock module is fitted

EB ED XG is half an hour, EF EL is 61 minutes & you don't need to leave any doors open, just leave the drivers window down. i've done this hundreds of times!!!

yeah I tried the two wires and tried the reprograming a new module in it but end up with the same problem after 2 or 3 starts. so thinking of doing away with it altogether if theres away, hence the reason I saw the bypass module

well I think that's where I saw it. I wouldn't think it would be that hard really, and maybe should come with a gasp of an idea instruction manual. but that is basically my question, can it be done on the DC?