Fknclevo

turbo 250 crossflow

planning to build 250 crossflow to around 400rwhp but curious as the what anyone else has ran to do it

bottom end : seen kits online with 200 rods and ross pistons is this a good kit? cant seem to really find any cranks are the standard ones good are people swapping them out for something else (e series cranks or something) 

are there any oiling issues and shit i should worry about?

top end : planning on ports heads etc etc but what valve train parts is everyone running 

what kind of carb is everyone using (want to keep it carby)

found exhaust manifolds and everything online 

what kinda of turbos is everyone using 

seen an ice control system for turbo crossflow is this any good?

yes i understand barras and intechs are a better power route no i dont want to be told to just engine swap it, cheers for your help 

1 hour ago, Fknclevo said:

planning to build 250 crossflow to around 400rwhp but curious as the what anyone else has ran to do it

bottom end : seen kits online with 200 rods and ross pistons is this a good kit? cant seem to really find any cranks are the standard ones good are people swapping them out for something else (e series cranks or something) 

are there any oiling issues and shit i should worry about?

top end : planning on ports heads etc etc but what valve train parts is everyone running 

what kind of carb is everyone using (want to keep it carby)

found exhaust manifolds and everything online 

what kinda of turbos is everyone using 

seen an ice control system for turbo crossflow is this any good?

yes i understand barras and intechs are a better power route no i dont want to be told to just engine swap it, cheers for your help 

depends on what your budget is, you should read Slydog's thread entirely. 

he's not been on and posting for a long while, but you'll get a fair idea of what's doable and what's needed (it blew up earlier in the thread, so make sure to keep reading to see what failed and why *I can't remember)

pretty sure he's kept the stock rod length, and it's using an EF crank, (more counterweights for better balance)

later in the thread it's now boosted

custom fab is needed,and lots of money i threw 10k into a carby  engine and got 210 rwhp better tune would have seen maybe 240,most use the std barra turbo with good results,use std oil pump,no one makes large valves so ya have to turn down 2v clevo intakes and use chev 1.6 exhaust,you can throw 3k easy at a crossflow head to make that kind of power you are talking about,yes either ef crank or std 250 crank,another thing to consider is 3 or 4 bolt balancer ,i would start with a 84da block it has 1 piece rear main seal and larger flywheel bolts.