nuuk

Built Crossflow Carb Choice

Hey guys just wondering what size carb I should be looking at for my crossflow, not finished yet but here are some simple specs.

Crow 14672 cam, 231@50 .550 lift 108LSA

10.8:1 comp 

E2 Head flowing 235cfm

C4 with stall

3.45 diff

And all the other goodies and supporting mods.

Will be using an aussiespeed manifold but not sure on carb, something around 600cfm I'm assuming just from looking at others posts.

Any other advice is appreciated.

are you using the big plenum manifold or smaller one ? ive been thru this b4 and would suggest the 450 quickfuel double pumper,i tried a 650 it does work but a bit of a overkill unless seriously racing ,and are you running the carb east west or nth south,all those carbs will work if i had my time again i would run a 600 pumper holley or the 465 quickfuel is a very nice carb on a back yard tune it 212hp at the wheels with plenty of room for more tuning says the dyno guy,he reckons could have got it to 240 approx,same 3.45 gears single rail ect.

11 hours ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

are you using the big plenum manifold or smaller one ? ive been thru this b4 and would suggest the 450 quickfuel double pumper,i tried a 650 it does work but a bit of a overkill unless seriously racing ,and are you running the carb east west or nth south,all those carbs will work if i had my time again i would run a 600 pumper holley or the 465 quickfuel is a very nice carb on a back yard tune it 212hp at the wheels with plenty of room for more tuning says the dyno guy,he reckons could have got it to 240 approx,same 3.45 gears single rail ect.

Late reply woops. But Yeah using the new version of the aussiespeed manifold, will be running it east west. Not worried about the cost of carby too much as I'd rather just buy the right one the first time. I was thinking for more drivability on the street that a vaccum secondary would be better and still be able to have a bit more top end with a higher cfm carb.