7 hours ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

another x file is ,is the watts linkage the same between xf and xe ? i have heard there is a slight differance  in them.

I'm 99.99% sure they'd be same due to i used my XE ones in My brothers 1991 EB falcon, and possibly all the trailing arms too

yes trailing arms are the same until late eb 1 ,but the reason i asked is once i was at the diff shop and the guy said there is a slight difference in rubbers for the pivot or something ? or position of pivot,we also know a AU  pivot is different and can be fitted to xe for some sort of upgrade.The back of my xe wobbles so much as it sits up high compard to the lowerd front ,i think i will buy that set of matching springs for the ass end ,and fully rebuild it while the whole rear end is out,new arms and bushes and sus that 2.53 gear set while changing oil,need a roady soon so i can see if it makes any noise but i reckon its fine as it has never seen any hard work or burnouts ect.

x file or not ? the bolt that holds the spare wheel in a std GL is smaller in length than say a xe ghia ,my 14x7 hotwire does fit in the well,but the bolt wont reach even tho the wheel is in the correct way with it facing backwards to give more room on the offset of the mag to fit,but wait a 15x7 snowflake fits ? or is it the offset of the snowflake that lets the std bolt go in all the way ? really moulder your bolt is that long.

15 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

x file or not ? the bolt that holds the spare wheel in a std GL is smaller in length than say a xe ghia ,my 14x7 hotwire does fit in the well,but the bolt wont reach even tho the wheel is in the correct way with it facing backwards to give more room on the offset of the mag to fit,but wait a 15x7 snowflake fits ? or is it the offset of the snowflake that lets the std bolt go in all the way ? really moulder your bolt is that long.

ghias had a longer bolt