XH302

Dent in rear Panel advice needed on removal

Hey guys,

As title says, How do I remove the dent below and others like it? and what tools do I need to buy to repair these dents? I also understand there are different methods please explain(thx Pauline)

https://imgur.com/0GLjcC3
0GLjcC3.jpeg

Could try one of those suction cup tools, apparently they work great on flatter surfaces like that.

Otherwise you can get a kit, you glue a plastic tab onto the dent and use a slide hammer or puller (check it out on YouTube). They're usually less than a hundie for the whole kit. 

If there's a way to get behind it, there's rod tools you can use to pop it back out as well. Also a lot of the paintless dent removal kits include knock down punches and puller tools  - when you pop it out sometimes you get high spots and the metal is under tension so that might be what's causing it to cave back in. It's not as easy as just pulling it out, I think you need to spend some time with a light next to it getting it perfect so there's no high/low spots. Also heat helps apparently if you have a heat gun.

I'd try and avoid using filler if at all possible but I guess sometimes you can't avoid it unless you can weld.

On 5/6/2023 at 9:08 AM, XH302 said:

Cheers Nath, The small plunger popped it out but then it caved back in,  I guess  I will need   to go the car-filler/Sand route.

Have you tried the paintless dent removal option yet b4 doing the sanding/filler route?

The consensus seems to be PDR. The crowd has spoken, so I will listen! Appreciate people pointing me in the right direction.

Man I tell ya when I did the plunger and it worked I thought I possessed Jesus powers, then I bumped into it and the metal caved back in again. I agree with the advice given here. let me finish this tear down of the LIM.  I was posting pics because  people always like to see progress before/after.