Searley

Inhibitor Switch XH Ute Column Shift.

Hello Fordys, My XH Ute sometimes won't start straight up sometimes and I find that pulling in the column shift lever and moveing it up & down Will Engage the Starter and it will start. I've heard that this is"The Inhibitor Switch" located off the side of the Auto Trans. Does it mean it needs cleaning or is it advised to get a New One? Thanks Have a Great Day,

22 minutes ago, Searley said:

Hello Fordys, My XH Ute sometimes won't start straight up sometimes and I find that pulling in the column shift lever and moveing it up & down Will Engage the Starter and it will start. I've heard that this is"The Inhibitor Switch" located off the side of the Auto Trans. Does it mean it needs cleaning or is it advised to get a New One? Thanks Have a Great Day,

if you couldn't find a new one you could probably remove it and submerge it in kero/petrol etc and rotate it through the range several times and it would probably be fixed.

also, if you were anything like Me, you'd just go park to 1st back and forth like 50 times and it may be fixed (or worse)

but i don't think the are serviceable if anything like the prior models , so buy either a used one or new one if available and likely last another 25yrs

Thanx for that deankxf, I have'nt got Arms like Hercules but I thought I'd Better do something about this before I Bent the column. As you can see on e-bay you can still get them @ different $prices and some new or pre-used. Some advertized as Genuine Ford but 2nd hand Hmm. I'll try New.FNS012 INHIBITOR SWITCH for FORD FALCON XG XG XR6 XH I XH I XR6 XH II XH II XR6 9314258726638 _ eBay.htmlFORD EA EB ED EF EL XG XH AU STARTER INHIBITOR & REVERSE LAMP SWITCH EXC COND _ eBay.htmlFORD FALCON EA EB ED EF EL AU XH FAIRMONT NA NC NF NL INHIBITOR SWITCH GENUINE _ eBay.html