wok

221 swap from BW35 to c4

G'day, just wondering what auto flex plate I use if converting a 221 6 cylinder to C4 auto. I have the C4 auto but it came without flex plate, sandwich plate and torque converter. I'll get a new TC when I get the auto reco'd I guess but just want to source whatever I can beforehand.

Also any recommendations for place to rebuild the C4 in melb eastern suburbs ?

Thanks in advance

Warren

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

G'day, just wondering what auto flex plate I use if converting a 221 6 cylinder to C4 auto. I have the C4 auto but it came without flex plate, sandwich plate and torque converter. I'll get a new TC when I get the auto reco'd I guess but just want to source whatever I can beforehand.

Also any recommendations for place to rebuild the C4 in melb eastern suburbs ?

Thanks in advance
Warren

Unfortunately for you you'll have to source 221 specific flex plate, 221 (and 188) have the smaller pcd for the crank bolts like an earlier six cylinder but the step down to the crank flange is deeper like a later 6 cylinder, if you are lucky (or are having a converter made) you might be able to use the b/w flex plate with the c4 converter

Ok thanks
This is what I thought

Might just use the BW35 auto trans instead, now need to fan up something to hook up the column shift to the BW35 (it's in a LHD 64 US Falcon)....should be fun

2 hours ago, wok said:

Ok thanks
This is what I thought

Might just use the BW35 auto trans instead, now need to fan up something to hook up the column shift to the BW35 (it's in a LHD 64 US Falcon)....should be fun

cable might be easier there. 
mates rambler rebel had cable from the steering box location (ford location at firewall) to the trans) 

Yes was thinking a B&m Shifter style cable will work, think I have some random leftover brackets from a shifter I had years ago, time rummage thru some boxes

Now I'm using the BW35, tailshaft might now be a problem, I remember years ago about a uni with the different size cups to suit early Falcon tailshaft to the 8" diff... possibly ruj-2039 been googling and sizes seem right ?....