triple webbers

Crow solid cam 14626

Yella terra roller rockers yt 5011

spool piston and rods

El crank
alloy head has had some porting done. 

running a stage 2 C4 gearbox

stock 25 spline diff. 

Gcday mate, that all sounds pretty stout, cam is quite wild at 238/244 (0.050"), 109 lobe but lift is sensible at 0.560/0.570. You will need some serious valvesprings (say 140 on the seat) and retainers to go with that, I would look into what beehive springs you could use (LS type perhaps), single groove valves and collets would be a good idea too. I would get the crank, rods, pistons, balancer and flywheel all balanced as that combo will be a high rpm one that will show up any wonky bits on a long-stroker like that.

Run those cam specs through a dynamic comp calculator and aim to reach low-to-mid 8s, my guess is that you'll likely need to be at around 11:1 static. If/how much you need to shave it will depend on what head you're running and what size chamber. I would expect the HP to be around the mid-200s, which is double what the factory motor had.

One last thing... 25 spline axles aren't very strong. My mild 302/T5 XE wagon has started twisting the axles, and they're 25s. I have a 28 centre and axles ready to go in when time permits.

I remember my TF Corty originally having the tiny Sigma BW type diff (6.5" crown I believe) and while I didn't blow it, it was badly worn and I replaced it with an earlier TE one that had the Falcon 7.8" gears. That would have been a 25 spline but it wasn't a built engine though, fairly mild. I would recommend a 28 centre with cut-down Pintara axles re-drilled for Corty stud pattern. 3.45 gears are easy to find, I even have a spare set myself.

You didn't specify what model your Corty is, but I gave a heads-up anyway.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, gerg said:

That all sounds pretty stout, cam is quite wild at 238/244 (0.050"), 109 lobe but lift is sensible at 0.560/0.570. You will need some serious valvesprings and retainers to go with that, I would look into what beehive springs you could use (LS type perhaps), single groove valves and collets would be a good idea too. I would get the crank, rods, pistons, balancer and flywheel all balanced as that combo will be a high rpm one that will show up any wonky bits.

Run those cam specs through a dynamic comp calculator and aim to reach low-to-mid 8s, my guess is that you'll likely need to be at around 11:1 static. If/how much you need to shave it will depend on what head you're running and what size chamber. I would expect the HP to be around the mid-200s, which is double what the factory motor had.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

hey mate
I was going to use the valves and components from crow cams as what they recommend. Also double row timing chain

yes I was going to get the bottom end balanced. 
I was thinking a ATI balancer but not to sure on what’s best. 

Also a bigger stall convertor also not sure how big of a stall. 

I realise the 25 spline axles won’t last too long. I believe the diff will be the weakest link for me. 

it’s a te corty. 

So I will be getting the triple webbers and ice ignition set up in the car first. 
than slowly put together the engine components. 
as they say Rome wasn’t built in a day haha

Can I suggest it needs tighter lobe seperation due to the poor induction on a xflow. The head flows like poo and there is more hp in the cyl head than you think when ported by a good shop not for a dirt slinger. By using 104-106 lobe will aid torque then the webbers and ported head extend rpm range and hp made if used with 11.5 comp plus. Generally I use no less than 8 degrees seperation between exhaust to inlet duration also. 

I use Johnny Marshall of Marshall custom cams and Phill Duggan of Surecam.