Sign in to follow this  
1977 ZH

Mega Squirt

Just wondering if anyone here has used a mega squirt with eec4 adapter? i purchased one off a member on here.

Is there any additional items i need before i start getting it set up? id prefer to have everything i need instead of having to chase things up.

Cheers.

Did you read the instructions on DIY autotune?

At a minimum

You will need an IAT sensor.

You can use your factory coolant temp sensor but you need to recalibrate the information in MS = a reflash. Not hard to do using easytherm app, a thermometer and a multimeter. Make sure the coil is disconnected before reflashing.

Did you read the instructions on DIY autotune?

At a minimum

You will need an IAT sensor.

You can use your factory coolant temp sensor but you need to recalibrate the information in MS = a reflash. Not hard to do using easytherm app, a thermometer and a multimeter. Make sure the coil is disconnected before reflashing.

been slowly reading through it all as I get a chance to go through it.

going to try the wreckers next week for that sensor you mentioned.

ill remember the disconnect the coil on reflash.

They're only $20-$30 new from Bursons/SuperCheap etc, if its the one I'm thinking of.

Polson is correct. But you should still go to wreckers for the plug at least. that way you get a proper weatherpack.

Probably do it that way then I know the sensor wont be a dud, definitely grab the plug + some wiring from the wreckers.