Damo

Removing body moulds

I apologise in advance peeps this has probably been asked a million times but what is the best way to get body moulds off and what do you use to put them back on ( I. e double sided tape size and type)

Cheers

You can start with just getting a little bit of a corner off and the rest should follow quite easy,or use a wide scraper and be careful not to damage the bodywork,use petrol or kero and a rag to get old tape or glue off,same with the moulds make sure they are super clean before putting back on with 3m tape ,3 x small lengths should be enough all the way down .

You can start with just getting a little bit of a corner off and the rest should follow quite easy,or use a wide scraper and be careful not to damage the bodywork,use petrol or kero and a rag to get old tape or glue off,same with the moulds make sure they are super clean before putting back on with 3m tape ,3 x small lengths should be enough all the way down .

Ok no worries thanks for your help mate. Cheers

I've taken off hundreds of different types and they're all a little different. Most of the time I've used a plastic scraper or applicator that's had the edge sharpened up to cut through the old tape and push/pull the mouldings as you go.

If you can see that the mouldings held on with thick tape, just carefully slice through it with a box cutter or similar thin flexible knife.

Clean up with prepsol or wax n grease remover, metho or other gentle solvent. Re tape with quality 3m automotive tape.

Try not to bend them either as you pull them off. Easier said than done though. Lifting them from underneath or on top to start with rather than from one end helps.

Lay them flat on a flat surface for storage, preferably not stacked. Helps them not to bend.

If they train themselves into a bent or kinked shape they won't stick well.

Can lay them flat in the sun to soften and straighten before fitting. Helps a lot, even try a heat gun.